Main Menu

WOFF WOW

Started by Johnnie, June 06, 2015, 09:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnie

I had purchased WOFF years ago (at least 3 PC's ago.)  It didn't run on that machine so I guess I threw it out and never thought of it again.  Purchased it today and set it up.  WOW!  Looks great and the immersion is terrific.  I am enjoying it immensely.  And this is only volume 1;  I haven't even purchased the volume 2 expansion/improvement.  Where have you been all these years.  This has always been one of my pet interests, long before Red Baron (or computer games, for that matter) were invented.  I look forward to spending some time with this baby. And shame on you all for not telling me what I was missing.

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tuna

I think Wings Over Flanders Fields.

jomni

Quote from: Greybriar on June 06, 2015, 11:25:33 PM
What's WOFF?  :-\

Sound that dogs make.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: Johnnie on June 06, 2015, 09:52:03 PM
I had purchased WOFF years ago (at least 3 PC's ago.)  It didn't run on that machine so I guess I threw it out and never thought of it again.  Purchased it today and set it up.  WOW!  Looks great and the immersion is terrific.  I am enjoying it immensely.  And this is only volume 1;  I haven't even purchased the volume 2 expansion/improvement.  Where have you been all these years.  This has always been one of my pet interests, long before Red Baron (or computer games, for that matter) were invented.  I look forward to spending some time with this baby. And shame on you all for not telling me what I was missing.

Three PCs ago?  WOFF has only been out for about a year and a half. 

Maybe you originally purchased OFF, it's predecessor?  Either way, I hope you picked up WOFF (and not the old OFF) this time around since it's the newer sequel and has a lot of improvements.

Jarhead0331

Its an bizarre phenomena...I am deeply interested in WWI warfare, and even enjoy gaming it, but I can't for the life of me get interested in WWI aviation. The planes just don't seem to hold any interest for me.

I guess its like, I have no interest in flying kites, but I love flying my drone...go figure...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

I can see that. I enjoy dangerous waters submarine warfare...basically modern submarine sims...but I can be bothered with  ww2 sub stuff
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Skoop

I agree with the both of you, both of those are too slow for me.  WWII is as slow as I go for aviation, and modern naval is so compelling with all the techno warefare going on.

Toonces

Woff is one of the best Sims I've ever played second only to falcon 4.  Glad you're enjoying it Johnnie.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Father Ted

I have to say Johnnie, if you like the WW1 stuff, then you owe it  to yourself to give Rise of Flight a go also.  You can get a FTP version off Steam or from the publisher's site.

jomni

Quote from: Father Ted on June 09, 2015, 03:57:19 PM
I have to say Johnnie, if you like the WW1 stuff, then you owe it  to yourself to give Rise of Flight a go also.

Not as immersive.  The actual flight is good, the career mode is not at the same level as WOFF.

Windigo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 07, 2015, 09:20:35 AM
Its an bizarre phenomena...I am deeply interested in WWI warfare, and even enjoy gaming it, but I can't for the life of me get interested in WWI aviation. The planes just don't seem to hold any interest for me.

I guess its like, I have no interest in flying kites, but I love flying my drone...go figure...

Your name should be pistonhead
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on June 09, 2015, 05:05:01 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on June 09, 2015, 03:57:19 PM
I have to say Johnnie, if you like the WW1 stuff, then you owe it  to yourself to give Rise of Flight a go also.

Not as immersive.  The actual flight is good, the career mode is not at the same level as WOFF.

Yeah, I use ROF for multi-player and WOFF for single-player campaigning.  ROF lends a superb feeling of flight with it's FM, but the campaigns available for it aren't as immersive.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a nasty damage bug reintroduced with the latest ROF patch where wings regularly fly off at the first bullet.  Possibly other issues with current version of ROF, so it's in a holding pattern right now.  I get the impression that the update wasn't tested enough.

em2nought

Looking at WOFF screenshots & movies over at simhq lately, I'm tempted to sell my business and go back to pc flying for a few years.
Stolen elections have consequences.