Nork Nukes Nearing Nuisance?

Started by bayonetbrant, March 14, 2017, 11:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on August 14, 2017, 10:42:20 AM
I wonder under what kind of threats from Russia did these former Soviet republics give up their nukes...

Actually, very little.  Most of them didn't want them anymore, because they understood that they lacked the central authority and institutions of government to guarantee their safety and security, and didn't want to get blamed if one of them got snuck out onto the black market somewhere.  Given what's happened with the conventional arms those countries had, post-1992, it's a valid concern.

For context: from 1994-1998, my dad was the commanding officer of OSIA-E (the European office of what's now called DTRA).  While the primary concern of their office was conventional arms - especially the Helsinki Accords, the Vienna Treaty, the Dayton Accords, etc) his team did assist a variety of folks from the DC office with planning & executing some nuke inspections during those years, too.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Interesting. Is every single nuke from Belarus, Kazakhstan, etc., now accounted for?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on August 14, 2017, 10:54:56 AM
Interesting. Is every single nuke from Belarus, Kazakhstan, etc., now accounted for?
I doubt it. There has to be some evil genius building a secret missile base with plans to dominate the world. I suppose North Korea would be a good place to hide in that case! ;) >:D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

Well my personal nightmare scenario is that one of those unaccounted-for warheads arrives in New York Harbor in a cargo box and is detonated.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

You wouldn't even have time to peep yourself.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Boggit

Well with the Norks you have no longer have anything to fear as God has made himself known as being on President Trump's side - no doubt you'll get a bonus Ark of the Covenant as backup if any bombs/missiles fail... You folks can now go to war safe in the knowledge that God is with President Trump. :wow:

Gee. I do wish I had the ear of God too, he could tell me who will win the Grand National 15 minutes before the race starts! :DD

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/08/09/trump-north-korea-robert-jeffress/554709001/
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

QuoteOne of President Trump's Evangelical Advisers says that "...God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong-Un" and that he can use nuclear missiles to do it.

"Also, sir, try not to blink and fumble around when reaching for who or what created all mankind during a speech. It makes you look, eh, a little unconvincing in your faith, especially when what you come up with is 'our Creator'. And have to fumble for that two or three times. In close proximity."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 14, 2017, 09:56:04 PM
QuoteOne of President Trump's Evangelical Advisers says that "...God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong-Un" and that he can use nuclear missiles to do it.

"Also, sir, try not to blink and fumble around when reaching for who or what created all mankind during a speech. It makes you look, eh, a little unconvincing in your faith, especially when what you come up with is 'our Creator'. And have to fumble for that two or three times. In close proximity."
:DD

GDS_Starfury

well they can't reach south Floriduh so fuck all y'all.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

they don't need to

why nuke God's waiting room?

Just take a nap and half the county will die of old age
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Last I checked Florida was surrounded by some water as well so a 'missing' warhead floating around and then towards almost anywhere in the state is just as real a possibility as one floating in to NY harbor.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

theres no way the drug cartels are going to let a bunch of aloha snackbar fucks mess up their prime smuggling routes.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

I don't think Little Kim would shoot at Florida. The stats looks too much like a great big penis and that would probably make him feel inadequate. At least it does me anyway.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Haha 'let' - the idea of 'letting' anywhere get nuked is quaint. I would also bet that the drug consumption of the NYC metro area is worth at least as much as the smuggling routes in and around The Big Penis (Florida).

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 15, 2017, 11:06:22 AM
theres no way the drug cartels are going to let a bunch of aloha snackbar fucks mess up their prime smuggling routes.

Now that would make a hell of a situation.  I could see the MSM cheering on the cartels. 

Can we get someone to develop a war game with that as the main theme. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.