New Game announced: Real Time General by Foolish Mortals

Started by The_Admiral, May 26, 2023, 11:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Admiral

By them Canucks over at Foolish Mortals games, makers of Radio General (which shows they know how to research their topic) & Kaiju Wars (which shows they have humor & much imagination too). Looks clean, looks cool, looks mean!

Go wishlist 'em good men!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2272180/RealTime_General/

Silent Disapproval Robot

2-months of real time?  I'm gonna need more RedBulls.

Destraex

Is this real time as in no hexes? I am looking for a good real time strategic game.
Highway to the Reich updated and upscaled would be good. What I am looking at here looks very simplistic.. 1-2=-1 you lose kind of a deal. Real top level stuff. How detailed will this be. Will supply lines and the ability to choose starting locations, leaders and strategic reserves and where they are put be in?
A little interested. The art style reminds me of a non 3D real time unity of command.

EDIT: WAIT - 400 player coop? Whoah
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

undercovergeek

Quote from: Destraex on May 27, 2023, 10:18:17 PMIs this real time as in no hexes? I am looking for a good real time strategic game.
Highway to the Reich updated and upscaled would be good. What I am looking at here looks very simplistic.. 1-2=-1 you lose kind of a deal. Real top level stuff. How detailed will this be. Will supply lines and the ability to choose starting locations, leaders and strategic reserves and where they are put be in?
A little interested. The art style reminds me of a non 3D real time unity of command.

Quote from: Destraex on May 27, 2023, 10:18:17 PMIs this real time as in no hexes? I am looking for a good real time strategic game.

As sooon as I saw that I thought this is a game for destraex and not me

W8taminute

This looks intriguing.  Gonna have to do some research.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Anguille

JasonPratt

I've had Radio General for a long time, but have never played it. One of many many many many things that need rectification!

But I'm not sure the point is deep simulation of internal stat crunching. The point seems more like real-time map management based on fog of war information. There might be plenty of internal stat crunching sooner or later if not already, no idea, but that isn't the main point of the design.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!