Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jo B on February 03, 2023, 10:34:48 AM
Quote from: acctingman on February 03, 2023, 10:31:08 AMDoes this mean, after the next patch, you can unlock all the scenarios now?
so far only Grim Reaper can

Works for me:)  just let me know how:)  In all seriousness, would be great if it does get added for everyone as an option some day, think this would go a long way as it is one of the things mentioned, the base game seems good so looking forward to diving into it more.

Sir Slash

Snugiewoffer? How did you get my Professional Stripper name? I told them to keep that secret. Really liking the game so far Jo B, that means before it's kicked my ass a few times.  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

acctingman

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2023, 10:42:07 AM
Quote from: acctingman on February 03, 2023, 10:31:08 AMDoes this mean, after the next patch, you can unlock all the scenarios now?

Works for me:)  just let me know how:)  In all seriousness, would be great if it does get added for everyone as an option some day, think this would go a long way as it is one of the things mentioned, the base game seems good so looking forward to diving into it more.

I'll wait until this is implemented or modded before I make a purchase.

Jo B

please confirm you can now see the unloack all button

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jo B on February 03, 2023, 12:19:20 PM

please confirm you can now see the unloack all button

Wow!  Fabolous!  I can see the button and works to unlock everything!  Haven't tried to actually play any of the unlocked items as still at work, but the unlock symbols were all removed.  This is great, can't thank you enough!

Rayfer

Nothing on Steam about a button to unlock all the scenarios??  The only mention was to unlock scenarios for those who played through some or all of them but then uninstalled the game, when they reinstalled they had to start all over again. Steam discussions suggest this has be fixed but nothing about an unlocking of all scenarios for first time installers of the game??

Geezer

Would be nice if all scenarios/campaigns were unlocked so we could play them in whatever order we want.  This isn't an MMO where you have to level up to unlock new skills and be eligible for new zones.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

acctingman

The unlocking thing is getting a lot of attention on the steam forums. Be interesting to see what the devs do.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: acctingman on February 03, 2023, 05:17:07 PMThe unlocking thing is getting a lot of attention on the steam forums. Be interesting to see what the devs do.

So if they unlock, you will purchase?  Only thing holding you back?

acctingman

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 03, 2023, 05:23:02 PM
Quote from: acctingman on February 03, 2023, 05:17:07 PMThe unlocking thing is getting a lot of attention on the steam forums. Be interesting to see what the devs do.

So if they unlock, you will purchase?  Only thing holding you back?

Yep. I know this game is going to be a challenge for me, but I dislike this feature.

Skoop

I'd love to have the unlock all button as well. 

Also, is there a way to open all the scenarios and campaigns in the editor ?  Would be nice to customize the shipped content the way you like it, or modify/ build off the shipped content or use the maps for your own quick battles.

acctingman

So, either someone from Steam or the developer are only allowing people to post who own the game? Seriously, WTF?

Thomas Davie

Quote from: acctingman on February 04, 2023, 08:38:58 PMSo, either someone from Steam or the developer are only allowing people to post who own the game? Seriously, WTF?

Same concept as someone getting banned from Twitter or Facebook. Prior to purchasing the game on day 1 it was very hard (for me personally) to figure out reliable criticism from useless, inaccurate claims.

As my therapist states 'It is entirely ok if you disagree with me'.

Tom

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Skoop on February 03, 2023, 05:32:19 PMI'd love to have the unlock all button as well. 

Also, is there a way to open all the scenarios and campaigns in the editor ?  Would be nice to customize the shipped content the way you like it, or modify/ build off the shipped content or use the maps for your own quick battles.

Developer announced in steam forum that unlock of all scenarios coming to everyone

Bardolph

Heh, that's good to hear. I was on the fence for refunding for a few reasons, including the locked scenario nonsense... at least until last night when I decided to fire it up and make a scenario for Bucholz Station. Went way over my 2 hour Steam limit lol. Now I think I might go back and see about resizing the map, Second Front apparently uses 28m hexes and SL used 40m hexes so the ranges will be off a bit with my 1:1 translation.

In the snow

Old school