Main Menu

Shadow Empire

Started by Jarhead0331, April 08, 2020, 04:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparhawk

Quote from: bobarossa on August 31, 2021, 01:03:19 PM
Really enjoy the game but got hammered in latest because of repeated requests to boost a profile stat without getting any events that would let me do it.  New cards are up to 40 points each and none of the ones I've already created are in the right profiles.  Profile levels are dropping under 40 and I'm losing my perks.  Really frustrating to have a game ruined because of this. 

The society and cultural aspects of this game are as much a challenge as the military. I've come to embrace the issues that come up though they make running things infinitely harder. Trying to balance the wants of all the different personalities can become overwhelming. Do I assign the level IV director with their great stats knowing that their ideology is counter to the direction I'm grooming my society toward? I look at their attitude very carefully because I may not be able to keep their morale up if they diverge to far from me. No one wants a great leader to end up rebelling.
At times I've found it better to take the small hit from turning down profile raising requests than risk not being able to achieve what's requested. Often over time I've not been given the opportunity to raise the stats needed so can intuit the trend. Keeping your population happy is a big part of this as well so as not to have negative events that can skew the direction of your society.
I look at these stumbling blocks as bringing a welcome but frustrating at times dimension to the game.

solops

Woooo hoooo!!! New patch!!!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

bobarossa

Quote from: solops on November 18, 2021, 02:00:17 PM
Woooo hoooo!!! New patch!!!
And you're mentioned in the patch notes!

Just started playing again on Sunday so of course a new patch drops 4 days later.  Good excuse to start over.  Picked a desert world for the first time and none of the minors have cities to conquer (only slavers and nomads). 

jamus34

I need to get back into this one again.
Insert witty comment here.

al_infierno

Can someone link/copy the patch notes?  I can't seem to find them from a cursory Google search
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

solops

Quote from: al_infierno on November 18, 2021, 03:30:13 PM
Can someone link/copy the patch notes?  I can't seem to find them from a cursory Google search

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4824133
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

zebon

good one resource, a detailed guide!

solops

There have been 3 more "mini-patches" since the larger patch last week.

Geezer

Those are all beta patches right?  I believe the official version is still 1.09.00.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

solops

Quote from: Geezer on November 30, 2021, 02:18:10 PM
Those are all beta patches right?  I believe the official version is still 1.09.00.
Correct.

solops

Another new patch, an official one, not a beta.

Geezer

I should get back to this great game at some point.  So many games, so little time...
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

W8taminute

^Same here...thanks for the update solops.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

Right now SE is ALMOST the only thing I play. I go stretches of time of playing other games whenever I run into a game crashing bug, till Vic fixes it. This game just scratches all of my itches. And no, I still don't really understand the supply system. All of the explanations leave questions.

Sparhawk

I really scratch my head over some of the supply bottlenecks and end up strongly pushing transit infrastructure. This game forces one to focus on logistics. I really appreciate how I am not allowed to outrun my supplies as I try to envelop enemy forces.