DEMOs all over steam atm - BATTLESECTOR demo !!

Started by Destraex, June 17, 2021, 07:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Tried it and definitely not for me. But I know many here will want to try this game. The demo is on steam for a limited time.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Assuming you are referring to the new Warhammer 40K game, I think it's awesome. I've been playing press builds. Stay tuned for our full review.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1295500/Warhammer_40000_Battlesector/

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector will be in the Steam Next Festival

It is a six days long festival in which many demos of upcoming games are featured and available to everyone. You can now download and play Battlesector's demo
: it includes the first two missions of the single player campaign, the Age of Crimson Dawn.

How long will the demo be available for?

The demo will be available as long as the Steam Next festival lasts, so until Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021 @ 10AM PDT. And it is entirely free.
You don't need to have pre-ordered the game to try it. Just visit the Battlesector store page on Steam and click on the Demo button.

al_infierno

Just tried the demo.  This game is killer!  It's like a new and improved Sanctus Reach with better graphics, animations, and meatier sound effects.  I like how nifty and clean the UI is, especially with the LOS circles around units to show what they can see.  Definitely looking forward to this one, would be awesome to see Battle Academy get similar treatment.

EDIT - I just did a dirty and preordered this game.   :-[  Fuggit.  I trust Matrix to deliver most of the time  O0
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

CJReich46

I liked it. The voice acting is good. There's a lot I liked.Notably how the Units respond. There's some parts I would like to see more of a QOL, which units have action points to use, and what can I use them for? (that would be good to show in the tutorial)

The tapestry intro was a nice touch, and I liked that part a lot. Not to mention the graphics look good. The battlefields themselves leave a lot of tactical options. 

Impressed, and kudos for Slitherine to actually release a demo.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

devoncop

Sounds very tempting.... I am sure this would make a great MP experience using the Slitherine PBEM++  system. Maybe Slitherine will run official tournaments like they do with Field of Glory 2 .
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Jarhead0331

Quote from: devoncop on June 18, 2021, 09:31:28 AM
Maybe Slitherine will run official tournaments like they do with Field of Glory 2 .

I'm sure we can oblige. Boggit?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Watched the trailer on Steam....looks a lot like the old Matrix/Slitherine game Warhammer 40K: Sanctus Reach.  How is it different?

devoncop

I tried the demo but it didn't do it for me. The animations and production values are much higher than something like Sanctus Reach or Gladius for example but something didn't click for me.

The XCOM like combat including things like overwatch and retreating after firing as part of a move by the Space Marines seemed a bit uninspired  to me but I know others seem to like it as it is undoubtedly  more cinematic.

Maybe I am just tiring a bit of the Warhammer 40,000 setting  and a more hardcore fan may be really impressed but only the two factions being part of the game ( Tyrannids being the other) also is pretty disappointing  for me as an orkut fanboy ;-)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games