Main Menu

New Wargamer

Started by SpanglyClown, November 04, 2018, 01:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpanglyClown

Hello all, I am a newcomer to wargaming (both tabletop and computer), and I have been looking around for a group of guys to play with. I started out back in the day playing Age of Empires, Axis & Allies, mainly RTS. A few years ago I discovered Paradox games (HoI, EU, CK) and I have extensive experience in those. I just discovered "wargame" type wargames, things like TOAW 4, Gary Grigsby, etc. I play a ton of Total War Napoleon with the NTW3 mod. Looking to learn how to play some of the more groghead type games.

Glad to be here, looking forward to gaming with everyone! USA Based, PST time zone.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

Welcome! Very happy to have you.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MetalDog

Welcome to Grogheads, SpanglyClown!  Good range of games you are playing.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Yskonyn

Hey man, welcome!  :bd:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Hello SpanglyClown and welcome to the Grogheads. Napoleon TW is one of my favorite TW titles though I never did manage a win in the Peninsula DLC.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SpanglyClown

Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate the kind words. Any recommendations from anyone here as to where to start on the forums? Is there a discord or something like that? Also, @Sir Slash, have you ever tried the NTW3 mod for Napoleon?

SirAndrewD

Quote from: SpanglyClown on April 26, 2012, 01:03:49 AM
Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate the kind words. Any recommendations from anyone here as to where to start on the forums?

Just jump right into any thread and comment on Gus' dongle. 

It's always on topic.

And welcome.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

I had to go back and look to remember, I played with the Darthmod for NTW. I loved it. Much bigger unit sizes and epic-sized battles. The campaign, not so much new. What do you like about NTW3?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.