Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on January 27, 2015, 11:54:18 AM
I just started playing M&B Napoleonic Wars online yesterday.  That's a great game.  Nice footage Nefaro.

While I used to enjoy the 'Battle' matches, they can often take too long in killing off the last of the losing team and you only have one life.  So I've been doing more Siege mode stuff lately (63e server is usually the most popular for it). 

You get respawns but don't get some of the cool meeting engagement style maps and more area for cavalry action, in Siege, so it's a trade-off.  There is another CTF style mode that is a mix of both because it has respawns but I usually don't see as many people playing that one.  It must only run on a timer or something and I recall it being very difficult to defend flags with a lot of people.

There are some great gut-wrenching laughs in the big Napoleonic Wars matches and it's not overly twitchy.   :smitten:

W8taminute

Quote from: Nefaro on January 27, 2015, 12:03:56 PM
...I've been doing more Siege mode stuff lately (63e server is usually the most popular for it)... 

...There are some great gut-wrenching laughs in the big Napoleonic Wars matches and it's not overly twitchy.   :smitten:

That sounds like the server I was on last night.  There were close to 200 people in a Siege type battle.  We were storming a beach then had to run slightly uphill to get to the enemies fortifications.  The enemy had quite a lot of cavalry men just raking up the beach.  I was a victim of the cavalry sabre quite a few times. 

As for the laughs there sure are some to be had.  I acted like a clown myself when I picked up a fife and started playing music right in front of the opposing teams faces during another battle.  Let's just say that they did not seem like the music loving type.   :D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jomni

Quote from: W8taminute on January 27, 2015, 11:19:40 AM
^jomni that game looks like a lot of fun.  Question for you though on it.  Is there a free sandbox play mode?  Is the game limited to regulated stages with enforced goals to achieve in order to advance the game?

No sandbox.  Limited number of stages which you can play in any sequence that you can play either Normal or Expert mode (you give the SID and STARS).
There are custom missions out there. 

Take note that this is a Japanese game.  It just happens that the ATC chatter is in English as per real life.  I am also using an English patch / mod for the commands.

Don't really recommend to anyone.  And the price is steep as it is a rare game.

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on January 27, 2015, 03:10:19 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 27, 2015, 12:03:56 PM
...I've been doing more Siege mode stuff lately (63e server is usually the most popular for it)... 

...There are some great gut-wrenching laughs in the big Napoleonic Wars matches and it's not overly twitchy.   :smitten:

That sounds like the server I was on last night.  There were close to 200 people in a Siege type battle.  We were storming a beach then had to run slightly uphill to get to the enemies fortifications.  The enemy had quite a lot of cavalry men just raking up the beach.  I was a victim of the cavalry sabre quite a few times. 

As for the laughs there sure are some to be had.  I acted like a clown myself when I picked up a fife and started playing music right in front of the opposing teams faces during another battle.  Let's just say that they did not seem like the music loving type.   :D

I also regularly see the opposing side ignore the musicians and let them walk around amongst them playing the pipes/drums/fife.  ;D

jomni

Nefaro

More M&B Napoleonic Wars siege mode multi-player.  On the attack!

W8taminute

Nice video.  I laughed when you fell off the dock and drowned.  I think I may have played that map but from the defenders side.  So it looks like to win as the attacker you must occupy that fountain square area?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

jomni

Played Siege last night and remembered why I didn't like it.  I can't do anything with my ping levels.  I can fare better in commander mode.

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on January 30, 2015, 06:05:24 PM
Nice video.  I laughed when you fell off the dock and drowned.  I think I may have played that map but from the defenders side.  So it looks like to win as the attacker you must occupy that fountain square area?

I posted that series because I died so many ways.  Some were pretty funny, even if it was just the screaming and flopping.  I actually cut a bit out where I tried to wade through the water around the fort but ended up killing myself because it was taking too long. 

Wish I hadn't lost the footage of my digital infantryman getting blown from the very top of the hill fort by a cannonball, bouncing off a few walls, roofs, and boulders on the way down in first-person view from my last vid.  ;D  Luckily ShadowPlay lets me save game video from a few minutes prior gameplay although it's still in beta and the recording can be a bit twitchy at times.

In order to win Siege mode as the attacker, you have to get inside a small area containing their flag, inside the fort, before time runs out.  It's usually surrounded by a low circle of sandbags and such. 

Quote from: jomni on January 30, 2015, 06:47:50 PM
Played Siege last night and remembered why I didn't like it.  I can't do anything with my ping levels.  I can fare better in commander mode.

That sucks.  I think the handful of popular servers are in Europe and the US so your pings are definitely gonna be higher than hoped.  I'm slow to join EU servers due to their ping being over 100 for me.  While this game usually has a slow pace, the melee requires some quick reflexes in those small bits of flailing terror and having anything but low latency can cause you to suffer.  :-\

Line battles are pretty fun and a unique one for a first-person shooter.  I tend to prefer Siege because it has respawns and a best of three series, although many of the custom siege maps I've seen on 63e tend to favor the attackers quite a bit.  When it's well populated, I also like to play Battle mode but you only have one life in those so there will usually be some spectating after you're dead.  Not terrible since this game can be so amusing to watch in MP, but you still sit for a bit in between.  Fortunately the battles are more even.

I'm debating an attempt at recording a Naval Action vid and uploading it sometime.  But I may wait until I unlock larger ships.  Would rather do so with Frigates or larger.

Asid

Steel Beasts Pro

Dogs of War session

A glimpse  :knuppel2:

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JudgeDredd

Loved the whistling of that missile heading towards what looks like a BTR

Cool video
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Yeah nice video Asid!   O0

JudgeDredd

An old post on SimHQ and sorry if it's been linked before...but this is superb...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4034782/Welcome_to_the_Show!#Post4034782

And everytime I see video's involving F-16, I totally miss my F-16 Allied Force  :'(
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Tuna

Very cool, you almost made it!  O0