Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Nice videos.  I'm with you on the cockpit cam.  I wasn't aware of the helmet cam.  I'll have to check that out in the options setup.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

W8taminute

This is my 7th or 8th racing session in my career and my 3rd race as a Kart racer.   :)

I am trying career mode and I want to go from zero to hero and figured why not start at the lowest tier racing?  This is my very first win.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

JudgeDredd

Apart from all the solo racing I do, I started a career and also started at the bottom. I have to say, I'm not keen on the model. I've started on karts like you and when you select a day to race, you are plumped right on the starting grid with no option to practice

Karts aren't my fav...but I'm hoping I'm not in them too long. And I do hope the no practice/qualy thing is limited to the Karts and not throughout the career
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

That thought did cross my mind as well.  I seem to recall in the intro videos of the game before you race your first practice race a mention about qualifying times in weekend events.  I don't mind that missing from Kart racing but it better be part of the lower tier races. I miss that feature from the F1 series of games.   O0

JudgeDredd

Some more - the beautiful (nice choice W8taminute) Dubai Raceway. 4 videos of the same lap from different views

TV Director View

Helmet Cam View

Front Wing View

And Chase view (I NEVER use this view when racing!)

Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Looks like D3D is working out nice for you.  Those are some great videos.  Yes Dubai was my nemesis but I'll starting to feel how to race on this track better now that I practiced some. 

I think I noticed that you did some double clutching there? Maybe rev matching?  Is that true?  If so then it seems like race pedals and shift kit are definitely a must for this game.  That kind of behavior is very difficult to duplicate on a game controller, hence why I kept manual clutch disabled.  The way the controller layout is there is no way to get your hands and fingers situated to brake, shift, clutch, shift again, then gas and go.

JudgeDredd

Thanks.

D3DGear seems to be the tool for me. It's very easy to setup and very easy to use. The videos seem half decent too.

God - no - I wasn't double clutching. I have never used manual clutch...one of the few assistance things I always leave on.
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Started up my save game from Bloodborne this past week after taking a break for other games.  Here I am on my way to fight the 7th boss of the game.  I do a little porcine proctology on the way.  The setting is in the Forbidden Forest, home to all kinds of creatures.  After the battle I return home to spend my earnings on leveling up.  Hope you enjoy!

Rayfer

Quite a tough battle there at the end....looks like a difficult game.  And dark....both figuratively and literally!.

W8taminute

^It definitely was a tough fight at the end.  Almost died there a couple of times.  And yes the game is dark in every way.   O0

Here is an example of co-op play.  I offer my services to assist another online gamer in his fight against Rom the Vacuous Spider, 8th boss of the game.  Rom guards Byrgenwyrth, an old school founded by an old scholar who wanted to seek the nature of the beast and use them for healing people.  It turned out that instead the findings were used for evil.  Surprise surprise!  Before we head to battle look at how my host prayed before the fight to whatever god he believes in.  Afterwards when the fight is over we high five each other!

Rayfer

Nice...were you able to beat that boss solo on your play through?

W8taminute

Quote from: Rayfer on June 30, 2015, 08:45:37 AM
Nice...were you able to beat that boss solo on your play through?

Yes but it took me two tries to beat it.  In the first attempt I did not fully eliminate all of the little spiders and they were the ones that killed me while I was hitting the big boss.  The second time through though I concentrated on mopping up all of the little spiders before hitting the big boss so that I would not be interrupted.  It was still a tough fight solo though. 

W8taminute

One more Bloodborne video for ya'll.  This one is set in Castle Cainhurst and I'm fighting Martyr Logarius, the boss of the place.  I'll probably be taking a break from Bloodborne videos for a while as I plan on posting some gameplay videos of some of my other recent acquisitions. 

Enjoy...

JudgeDredd

Well - this is what happens nowadays when you buy early  :(

Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Despite that wretched lag that was a brilliant race!  And you only had one little fender bender there near the end.  I hope that issue is resolved.  Have you double checked your video card settings just to be sure?

F1 2015 is a real good looking racing sim from what I see here.  I like the new HUD layout as it seems much easier to keep track of your speed and gear selection than 2013 which is what I have.