Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

WA-HOO! I'll have a Manly drink to celebrate later. Probably would have had one anyway, but this makes it official. Congrats Gus.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2021, 08:14:25 AM
Thank you, Sir. According to UbiSoft Connect, I am 75% complete in Assassin's Creed Odyssey as well. Who knew?

You are now officially booted out of the sad yet true "I never finish any game" club. But congrats none the less. 

Gusington

^Thank you. I do finish games, just not as often as my spending on them warrants :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Taking some time off from much serious thinking (even in in games), means I somehow tonight finished the first game I've gotten entirely through in years (aside from finishing multiplayer games): Lumberjack Dynasty!

........it was okay.  O:-) The game is kind of unfinished in the sense that there are plot points still lying around which, as the new Mayor of the town (or region of a county, there isn't really a 'town' in this game per se), I'd be able to get moving now by exercising mayoral power; but on the other hand, that's really just an administrative function which the game doesn't model, and not anything to do with my lumberjacking career. (Or exotic food career, or furniture making career.) But neither is there any tie-off, where the game shows these projects being completed automatically in a cut-scene afterward. It's just, hey, you've convinced the people to elect you Mayor, hurray, the end. It's so abrupt that part of the prior plot thread which leads to this conclusion, involving a polluted lake, can be started over within a few seconds, and goes nowhere (because there's no way to repeat the plot triggers now.)

The game just sandboxes from this point, which to be fair is very much the purpose of this game: if you want to kick back and listen to podcasts or lo-fi music and chill for a while as you murder some trees (and then clear their ground and replant new ones afterward), you can do that going forward as long as you like. Find a cute girl who doesn't look too inbred or deformed from alien cloning, marry, do nothing, a baby spawns eventually while she may or may not cook, buy a cat and a dog, etc. The scenery is pretty.

The developer, UMEO Studios (I'm pretty sure it's only one studio ;) ) , has gone onward into their next game, Trucker's Dynasty Cuba Libre, which will add more features (and no doubt fewer tree-sawing-chopping super-vehicles ;) , not being set in modern times). I'll be curious to see the new game. I could also go back to the original game in this series, Farmers Dynasty, which has practically no plot and also somewhat less grind; in which I've put 19 hours previously. Same basic concept, you inherit a broken-down farm from a dead relative (you arrive to help your favorite aunt and uncle in LJ, who remain in the game as characters), repair it, and bootstrap yourself up. I'm not as fond of the scenery which is more West TN than East TN, and trying to do anything in a straight line in a field is maddening: the games are a little wonky with controls, and still have bugs on par with ARMAIII.

The publisher, Toplitz Productions, has had a very hit-and-miss record over their career, but is improving its base with this "Dynasty" series, and now has Medieval Dynasty in early access under another/branch team, and Wild West Dynasty in development. I'll also be curious to see how these turn out. (MD can be played now, but I'm definitely waiting until the game is more complete, based on developments of the past two games!)

For whatever reason, FD usually costs $30 (not counting a couple of trivial DLC expansions), but LD costs only $20 (no useful DLC yet, or probably ever as development has ended minus some final bug hunting.) They go on sale with some frequency, and certainly help in training us to accept China's social credit system!  :)) But seriously, while Farming Simulator is certainly better at the farming simulation (and even lumberjacking!), for a 3D approximation to a very abbreviated version of modern-day Stardew Valley (or the older Harvest Moon series), you could do a lot worse than picking them up on sale.

I am however ready to get back to slaying my enemies now in various fashions.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

nobodyjune61944

tree-sawing-chopping super-vehicles

I cannot believe you finished this game without a screenshot of a super tree-sawing/chopping vehicle.

How can you tease us like this? >:D

Rayfer

Quote from: nobodyjune61944 on June 07, 2021, 08:56:32 PM
tree-sawing-chopping super-vehicles

I cannot believe you finished this game without a screenshot of a super tree-sawing/chopping vehicle.

How can you tease us like this? >:D

+1  Bring it on JP.

Gusington

How have a I never heard of Lumberjack Dynasty? POST PICS PRATT POST-HASTE

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Sounds like it could be, 'Cutting Edge' gaming.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Ah! -- I shall do so later today!  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

SWEET LUMBERJACK SOMETHIN' OR OTHER

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Pix won't do the tree-sawing-chopping super-vehicle justice. So a video is uploading to Youtube as I type!

I'll post the link later tonight, hopefully, once it finishes processing.

JasonPratt

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=25669.new#new

Created a new thread for the Thing That Mercs Trees (and a tour around Lumberjack Dynasty more generally, for about an hour).

Gusington

Well related to my last post in here, I have finished The Hidden Ones dlc in Assassin's Creed Origins, and have leveled up enough to unlock The Curse of the Pharaohs. I think Origins has become my favorite AssCreed of all...the crunchy combat, the missions, the ancient Mediterranean setting, the dlcs...all top notch.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

:clap: :clap: :clap: