Neocore Return to Arthurian Legend with King Arthur: Knight's Tale

Started by Gusington, October 13, 2020, 01:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I enjoyed Neocore's earlier King Arthur hybrid RPG/RTS games quite a bit. They are bringing new game out set in a 'darker' King Arthur world next next year  \m/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I only liked the first title. The second title was a tremendous letdown.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on October 13, 2020, 01:58:14 PM
I just Kickstarted it for about 25.00 to make RyanE happy.

:2funny:

I don't think anything will make that guy happy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I tried the original, but didn't enjoy it much.  I'm not sure I've ever enjoyed many RTS titles.  This one does seem interesting.

Grim.Reaper

Early access starts today....$34.99...not sure I am interested enough for that price right now unless overwhelming positive feedback.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1157390/King_Arthur_Knights_Tale/

Jarhead0331

The initial early access build seems very limited...It contains only 2 story missions, 8 additional points of interests, 7 heroes from 4 classes (with a progression cap of level 5), 3 buildings to build and upgrade in Camelot, and an intro cinematic. Quite frankly, the small party RPG aspect of the game doesn't thrill me. They have this massive opening cinematic showing battles with thousands of units and then you look at the screen shots and you have like 3 knights to control. Seems really underwhelming, just like the second title in the series. The first title was really fantastic. I don't know why they continue to stray from its formula. It really epitomized a "hidden gem".  Anyway, I'll probably pick this up eventually once it is steeply discounted, but as of right now, I have no urge to try it out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Just got my early access code. I never picked up the 2nd Neocore King Arthur game because of the crap reviews. I'm hoping that since it is so early in the process here, there's tons more content in the works. There has to be.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I'm with Jarhead on this one.  I'm not sure why these guys feel the need to mess with a winning formula.  King Arthur 1 was a fantastic game.  I could never win it, but it was always fun while it lasted.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Yeah.  The thing is, I watched/read a full Let's Play where the guy won the game and I set all the difficulties to easy, and I still just could never win the game.  Every time, at least 3 times, I'd get to the same point where I couldn't win any of the quests, and I'd get rebels popping up all over my kingdom, and I'd just get overwhelmed.  I could never seem to keep up with the computer with recruiting or training high-level troops.  It was infuriating because I was always really enjoying the game up until it became unwinnable.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

I definitely remember getting stuck at the same exact point too, every time. I bet it was the same point as you.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd