All my friends know the low FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 11, 2021, 05:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Happy Birthday, big guy!

As always I'll be firing up Cold Waters.  I just downloaded the new Epic Mod 2.31 and will need to update and restart all my campaigns.  Lately I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to play through a campaign in a diesel boat.  I think it "might" be possible to be successful, but it will mean losing some missions as there are some things you just cannot do in a diesel boat. 

I'm really interested in trying Close Combat.  I haven't yet, but hope to pick up a couple of the older $3 titles and maybe give the series a try.  CC3 seems to be highly recommended.

No other firm plans at the moment.  Drunk Skyrim does sound pretty good, TBH.   :buck2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Nyquil can be quite the party if you want it to be  <:-)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Happy Birthday JH!

Right now I'm sucked into a new Battle Brothers campaign.  Some great medieval turn-based sandbox merc-ing.  I'm playing a campaign on Beginner since every game I've started in this so far has ended mostly in frustration of everyone dying within a few weeks.  It's actually not a terrible way to play -- the battles are still lethal and challenging, but your characters are a good bit more likely to be recovered when they go down instead of permadying.  I think the more rounds they spend down, the more likely they are to die.  However, in my last fight against brigands, a wildman I'd recruited named Alvar the Outcast got his head lopped clean off by a greatsword....  I don't think there's any coming back from that one.   :timeout:  :-\
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^It will definitely leave a mark for sure.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

We're gonna need more band-aids.   :hide:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Quote from: Toonces on June 11, 2021, 04:04:36 PM
Happy Birthday, big guy!

As always I'll be firing up Cold Waters.  I just downloaded the new Epic Mod 2.31 and will need to update and restart all my campaigns.  Lately I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to play through a campaign in a diesel boat.  I think it "might" be possible to be successful, but it will mean losing some missions as there are some things you just cannot do in a diesel boat. 

I'm really interested in trying Close Combat.  I haven't yet, but hope to pick up a couple of the older $3 titles and maybe give the series a try.  CC3 seems to be highly recommended.

No other firm plans at the moment.  Drunk Skyrim does sound pretty good, TBH.   :buck2:

CC3 was my most played back when it came out. I liked it better than the vaunted CC2. Primarily because of the units that turned up as re-enforcements along the timeline of the campaign. You got to customise the forces you took in and that was a lot of fun. I think I would want to go with Combat Mission cmx2 or steel division 2 if I was to play a tactical ww2 wargame these days though.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

I've done some epic gaming on a good Nyquil high. At least it SEEMED epic at the time.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

If you have any memories at all it means you didn't do Nyquil hard enough.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CapnKirk

Managed to fight off 2 of the enemy armies in a massive siege battle while quelling 2 rebellions in another province.  Did I mention I expanded to quickly?  I might actually be able to pull this off.  I was able to swing 2 military alliances with enemies of the Takada to put pressure on them.

Charge of the retainers:

Gusington

If you can play through your coming battles and auto-resolve very rarely, you can do it.

And look at those shots...for a 10 year old game those shots are pretty amazing.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CapnKirk

I looked pretty good 10 years ago as well  ;D

Speaking of 10 years, those screens are only on the medium graphic settings as I have an ancient PC. 

Gusington

I never looked that good, no matter my settings  :-[

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Damn fine pics CapnKirk. A Pridefurl Dispray.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Happy birthday Jarhead !

Not much gaming so far.  Went to a funeral in the morning, got the Pfizer vaccine in the afternoon and watched my country win a game in the Euro soccer cup in the evening.

Maybe some Stellaris today.