Started by Jarhead0331, June 14, 2021, 08:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Hahaha 'drones fistF*cking' hahaha!

The narrator actually sounds a bit like you JH...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

And people say the gaming press is dead...

al_infierno

Looks like somebody at Ubisoft played Space Beast Terror Fright or GTFO and said "Hey, let's do that with one of our well-known IPs!"
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Yskonyn

At least Battlefield will be alive and kicking again come October! I have no qualms about letting RB6 rest in pieces.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Toonces

LOL.  I don't play that game, but that review was bloody awesome mate!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

demjansk1942

Skoop

Maybe ground branch or the new swat successor games will fill the void of the original R6 games.

al_infierno

Quote from: Skoop on June 14, 2021, 05:00:08 PM
Maybe ground branch or the new swat successor games will fill the void or the original R6 games.

Zero Hour looks really promising if they implement better AI and animations to match the SWAT games.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Silent Disapproval Robot

They dumbed the AI down in Zero Hour in a recent patch because too many players were complaining about how difficult the missions were.  I've actually been able to solo through some of the tougher scenarios now.

al_infierno

Wow.... There goes that one.   :-\   #:-)

- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Ground Branch and Ready or Not have potential. Ready or Not is being built as a single-player focused experience, so I'm very hopeful that we'll get an authentic old school R6/SWAT tactical experience there.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

al_infierno

Are they even still working on Ready or Not?  I feel like I haven't heard of that one in years.

- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on June 14, 2021, 11:19:40 PM
Are they even still working on Ready or Not?  I feel like I haven't heard of that one in years.

Oh yes. Very actively.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 14, 2021, 08:13:40 AM
Ouch.

Interesting.  I've generally spent a lot more time in Russian-style games like DCS, Il-2 CLoD, BoX and Rise of Flight and World of Warships and War Thunder and Enlisted and Mius Front than in Ubisoft (I did like one of the Far Cry-es with the radio towers and such).  The Russian gaming world definitely has its quirks, but at least they are relatively free of alien infestations.