Main Menu

A Touch of Friday

Started by Tripoli, June 25, 2021, 08:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

Finishing up the "Connections" conference today.  Working of getting "Dangerous Waters" working (and reviewing how to play it) for some possible on line play.  BoC work. Possibly a little more work on the "South Mountain" video from "Scourge of War" 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

^The one Grateful Dead song I truly love. I apologize - just not a Dead Head.

Starting an Attila: Total War campaign as the Garamantians (think Berbers) and also wrapping up an almost complete playthrough (with all DLC) of Assassin's Creed Origins. I have really fallen in love with this game and will miss it once I'm done with the main storylines.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece and Imperiums: Greek Wars await.

As do intense negotiations between my wallet and the Steam sale.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

While keeping a close eye on Grand Tactician, I'm playing Forge of Freedom as the Union. Only did three turns so far.

Continuing to play as the Catholic side in Thirty Years' War. 10 years into the grand campaign.

Also dug out my Thrustmaster T150 and starting playing American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 after not touching them for 8 months.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

W8taminute

^I love ATS and ETS2 but haven't played them for several months now. 

The thing that discourages me from playing is that everytime a new patch comes out it renders all my mods useless until the mods get updated (if they get updated).  Kind of puts a damper on my campaign progress.  I suppose I could stick to the vanilla trucks that are part of the game but I don't know...
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Dammit Carl!

Gonna keep it simple and shooty with RO2/RS2/Arma/Iron Front with the occasional odd forays into Friday the 13th which I must have bought in an alcoholic haze during Halloween some time ago and just never did anything with.

There is something cathartic in keeping teenagers from having sex through the fear of death and dismemberment, or, making them pay for having sex through death and dismemberment.

WallysWorld

Quote from: W8taminute on June 25, 2021, 10:22:28 AM

The thing that discourages me from playing is that everytime a new patch comes out it renders all my mods useless until the mods get updated (if they get updated).  Kind of puts a damper on my campaign progress.  I suppose I could stick to the vanilla trucks that are part of the game but I don't know...

I rolled back my ETS2 version to 1.38 to avoid to download new versions of Promods, Rusmap, etc... At least until the next DLC comes out.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

Dammit Carl! That is freaky. Your catharsis, I mean.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2021, 10:51:36 AM
Dammit Carl! That is freaky. Your catharsis, I mean.

Yeah.  Didn't really phrase that well, did I?

W8taminute

Quote from: WallysWorld on June 25, 2021, 10:35:36 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on June 25, 2021, 10:22:28 AM

I rolled back my ETS2 version to 1.38 to avoid to download new versions of Promods, Rusmap, etc... At least until the next DLC comes out.

Ah that's a good idea and one I didn't even consider.  Thanks for the tip!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I'll be watching you out of the corner of my virtual eye, Carl.*

*No I won't. We're all adults here.

Freaky.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I have seriously been thinking of firing War in the Pacific AE up again.  It seems about every 6-12 months I start thinking I'm ready to commit.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Rayfer

Quote from: Toonces on June 25, 2021, 07:02:54 PM
I have seriously been thinking of firing War in the Pacific AE up again.  It seems about every 6-12 months I start thinking I'm ready to commit.

Same here...a couple of times a year I get fired up, start a new full campaign, make it into early 1942 when I burn out and move onsomething else.

Pete Dero

After a few of the smaller scenarios in WITE I'm about to start a grand campaign (after watching Strategy Gaming Dojo's tutorials).

Now I just received my Matrix coupon (-50%) and I'm thinking about getting WITE 2.
But I just don't know if 2 is different enough from the first one to get it and I feel I should first get some value from the old version.

I also bookmarked Strategy Gaming Dojo's tutorial playlist for WITP AE so that might be a possibility in the near future.

Destraex

Dawn of War Soulstorm
Offworld Trading Company
Deathwing Enhanced (gave me headaches again)
Company of Heroes 2
Star Citizen
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Anguille

The Grateful Dead is really a band i should discover (i only know very little). Great song.

Have a very busy weekend so barely time to play anything.

- Master of Orion 2 on my netbook (still an an amazing game and still does some things better than any other 4x).
- Imperium Galactica 2 (another classic with great ideas) on my tablet before going to sleep.

Have a great weekend guys