Main Menu

Baldur's Gate 3

Started by acctingman, July 19, 2023, 06:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

The gnome Gus, he looks like he can handle himself pretty well. Stiller I don't know about.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

That's really a great creation Al!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

How many of you fellers are playing on the 'easy storytelling' mode? I am soon starting a game and want to gauge how difficult it really is. The interwebs go either way.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Balanced.  Just don't forget to save often and don't count on autosave.

acctingman

I'm using the noob level and still get my ass handed to me.

Gusington

^The last two posts are exactly what I have been reading across the interwebs  :twirl:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I asked Minsc and all he would say is, "Evil round every corner. Careful not to step in any". I don't know if that helps or not.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on September 06, 2023, 09:47:10 AM^The last two posts are exactly what I have been reading across the interwebs  :twirl:

You can change the difficulty level at any moment.

At balanced I do lose some battles, but usually 1 restart is enough.

Examine the enemies resistances and vulnerabilities and change your weapons to something that does more damage. 
E.g. There is a boss fight you will have a hard time to win unless your team uses bludgeoning weapons (his only real weakness).

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

It also helps to use environmental stuff to your advantage.  You'll find grease bottles all over the world, grab em any time you can - they're basically medieval Molotov cocktails.  Throw one down in the middle of a group of enemies, then use a free Fire Cantrip to light them up.  Great way to chip down a bunch of them at the same time.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd