Main Menu

Black Legend?

Started by Jarhead0331, June 26, 2021, 07:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Anybody heard of this? Looks really good...love 17th century stuff.

https://www.gog.com/game/black_legend
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Never heard of it, but then turn based combat (u hit I hit) is not my thing. It certainly looks like it has a great atmosphere though.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

FarAway Sooner

I'll respect anybody who tries something new.  Embracing the 4 Humors as key attributes is interesting.  I wonder if they're really going to make characters choose between Yellow Bile and Black Bile?

trek

Watched a few YouTube vids on this one about a month ago and couldn't make up my mind at that time to buy it. On Steam its $19.49 now so I may just get it. I'm also checking out Blackthorn Arena which is another Gladiator management type game but with hands-on combat via real-time and turn-based options. Check out the vids for it on YT.

I'm starting to feel like I'm going overboard on turn-based games but I'm really getting into them big time now and enjoying the slower pace they provide. Maybe its' an age thing?

I also just bought Phantom Brigade over on Epic and after playing the Tutorial and one mission this might be the most cutting-edge and unusual Mech Game I've ever played. For me personally after playing and not enjoying Battletech that much this one hits all the right buttons for me. The innovative timeline movement in combat is just superb.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: trek on June 27, 2021, 02:57:03 PM
Watched a few YouTube vids on this one about a month ago and couldn't make up my mind at that time to buy it. On Steam its $19.49 now so I may just get it. I'm also checking out Blackthorn Arena which is another Gladiator management type game but with hands-on combat via real-time and turn-based options. Check out the vids for it on YT.

I'm starting to feel like I'm going overboard on turn-based games but I'm really getting into them big time now and enjoying the slower pace they provide. Maybe its' an age thing?

I also just bought Phantom Brigade over on Epic and after playing the Tutorial and one mission this might be the most cutting-edge and unusual Mech Game I've ever played. For me personally after playing and not enjoying Battletech that much this one hits all the right buttons for me. The innovative timeline movement in combat is just superb.

I've posted about Phantom Brigade. It is fantastic. It's sort of like Red Dawn...with Mechs and time bending!

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22895.msg630080#msg630080
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

trek

Red Dawn with Mechs? Never thought about it like that but yeah I can see that now. So far I can't really find anything I don't like about PB which is unusual for me. I like the UI, the graphics, being able to tilt the camera view as much as I want and even the strategic map. I hope they can keep up the good work. I'm also hoping for a skirmish mode somewhere down the line and since it will eventually end up on Steam (already listed with a TBD release date) modding support via Workshop.

BTW, who wants to step-up and buy Black Legend? I'm thinking its' probably going to be me. I'm wondering if I can make a decision on keep/refund in the Steam allotted two-hour window. Like everyone else here I've just got too many good game to play. I also bought all the DLC I didn't have for Steel Division 2 on the Steam sale. After all I've got to keep up my RTS skills too!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Looks a bit like Mordheim: City of the Damned.  I might nab it.

EDIT:  I think I'll hold off and try to convince one of my Switch-owning friends to buy it on their little Nintendo thingie instead. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: trek on June 27, 2021, 04:38:00 PM
Red Dawn with Mechs? Never thought about it like that but yeah I can see that now. So far I can't really find anything I don't like about PB which is unusual for me. I like the UI, the graphics, being able to tilt the camera view as much as I want and even the strategic map. I hope they can keep up the good work. I'm also hoping for a skirmish mode somewhere down the line and since it will eventually end up on Steam (already listed with a TBD release date) modding support via Workshop.

BTW, who wants to step-up and buy Black Legend? I'm thinking its' probably going to be me. I'm wondering if I can make a decision on keep/refund in the Steam allotted two-hour window. Like everyone else here I've just got too many good game to play. I also bought all the DLC I didn't have for Steel Division 2 on the Steam sale. After all I've got to keep up my RTS skills too!

The only thing I don't like about PB is that it is really damn hard. Like very.

I picked up Black Legend, but not sure when I'll get around to playing...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

trek

Well JH you're already deeper into PB than I am so your statement that its' "damn hard" has me worried. I must admit I'm already having a little trouble understanding the "mechanics of movement" in the game as I go along. If YOU think this game is hard then I'm in trouble. I wonder if the finished product will include difficulty options? I hope so (as I already stated) I really like the presentation and entire concept of the game.

So, its' back to watching more PB YouTube vids so I can get a better understanding of what the hell I'm doing and pick-up some tips. I need the knowledge to keep enjoying it and not shelve it like I've done with some previous games I just couldn't get a handle on.