Kerbal Space Agency - Advancing technology today, for a better tomorrow.

Started by Jarhead0331, September 25, 2012, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoodedHorseJoe

Ah, April 2015. Miles off.

Fun Fact: First purchase seems to be June 2009, Empire: Total War - Elite Units of the West.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

bbmike

Quote from: WargamerJoe on March 20, 2017, 04:51:26 AM
How do you check when you bought it? O haven't played it since April 2016, but I do love this game. Even though I'm not that good :D.

Not especially 'whelmed' by this expansion announcement but some content is better than no content.

In the Steam client click on "Steam" then "Settings" (upper left). When the Settings window pops up, click "View Account Details" (upper right). When the "Account" windows pops up, click on the dollar amount shown for "Wallet Balance". Easy to find!  ::)

I'm showing that I purchased it in April 2013.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Yskonyn

It came to Steam after being available for a while via Squad's site itself.
So you might have bought it earlier than your Steam library shows, actually.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: WargamerJoe on March 20, 2017, 04:51:26 AM
How do you check when you bought it?

If you got it direct from their site, then you should have a login for the "Store".  Where you can see when you purchased and (re)download the game.

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

dinsdale

I just checked at the Squad site. I paid $17.25 back in 2012.

It already feels like I've stolen it, probably the most play per $ of any game I've gotten. I can't believe they're still supporting this 5 years later.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

HoodedHorseJoe

Yeah I saw that - really weirds me out when a publisher that has no involvement in a successful games genre then go and buy that game. I mean, it's blatantly just for the money and franchise potential, which is fine, but literally anyone could have bought up that franchise. Why them?

I also worry what this will mean for KSP itself. Saying that, there have been rumours circulating that all was not well at Squad anyway, so maybe this was necessary to keep things running?
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Philippe

I think I may have asked this before, but can one have a reasonably good flight experience in this game without a joystick?

I'm going to be sans joystick, rudder pedals, and track IR for the forseeable future (their presence in the vicinity of my monitor would probably trigger a divorce).

I've tried flying in the demo but never had much success.  Is that because I'm not used to rockets, or because they don't work very well with a mouse?

(I'm asking this because Kerbal is on sale at a really good price right now).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Philippe

Thanks, Jarhead.  It's good to know that you fly without a joystick, and that means I just need to put more time into learning how to control things.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mirth on September 08, 2017, 03:34:43 PM
He's never successfully made it off the launchpad though :P

Not true. I've traveled all over the solar system. I've even mapped youranus.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro