Kerbal Space Agency - Advancing technology today, for a better tomorrow.

Started by Jarhead0331, September 25, 2012, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Aye, there is a ton of stuff on youtube, and some of it is quite useful, but there are some parts I can't find info for.

if you IVA the crew, I cannot see how you revert back to the outside view.

Those damn launch support struts. They will not fall away, and most time, my vehicle blows up on the pad, or, more embarrassingly, the bottom bits fall off the rocket and leave the top bits clamped in (funny to watch, though).

In fact, the whole sequence of how stuff kicks in seems a bit strange, and whenever I hit the space bar, whatever I expect to happen, don't!

No doubt this is just me being a total Luddite, but a few documented procedures would have been a big help.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on March 27, 2013, 07:37:46 PM
(Optional) Steam transfer/keys are now available...

I wonder... if you request a Steam key, do they deactivate the direct download version?  It vaguely sounds like it's an either/or thing.  Anyone know?

I wouldn't mind having a Steam version, as a backup, but not if you can only have one active.

bob48

Tried this as per the instructions, but I don't get an option to transfer to steam.

'Clip those corners'

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Nefaro on March 27, 2013, 08:16:08 PM
I wonder... if you request a Steam key, do they deactivate the direct download version?  It vaguely sounds like it's an either/or thing.  Anyone know?

I wouldn't mind having a Steam version, as a backup, but not if you can only have one active.

It's either/or.

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 28, 2013, 03:05:30 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 27, 2013, 08:16:08 PM

It's either/or.

Ahh.  Thanks!

I'll just keep it as-is, then.

Grim.Reaper

hhmm...this one is getting a lot of attention...might have to break down and give it a try...just not sure if I would like it.....what to do...

bob48

Its...different, and a bit frustrating.......but interesting.

'Clip those corners'

Grim.Reaper

I think I'll finally pull the trigger on this one over the weekend.fingers crossed that I will like it:)

Huw the Poo

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 30, 2013, 03:58:07 AM
You could always try the demo first. ;)

I guess I should have looked if there was one available:)  Thanks for the heads up, I'll likely do that....assuming the demo represents the latest version?

Staggerwing

The Demo is based on v. 0.18.3, the current version is 0.19 http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/content.php/148-KSP-0-19-Released!

Here is the Demo and purchase page= https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/download.php

I'm still debating w/ myself about whether to Steam up my version or not.... I like the tidiness of having everything in one 'place' but then in the future I won't be able to play under a non-Steam friendly Linux distro if I ever want to.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 30, 2013, 06:49:34 AM
I'm still debating w/ myself about whether to Steam up my version or not.... I like the tidiness of having everything in one 'place' but then in the future I won't be able to play under a non-Steam friendly Linux distro if I ever want to.

I wouldn't let that stop you.  I couldn't get Steam working on SolusOS because it's based on Debian stable and some required libraries just weren't available.  There would have been a way to get them but I didn't want to put in the effort.

Since then I've installed Linux Mint and had no problem getting Steam up and running.  I also just installed Bodhi Linux and have similarly had no problem - it was even in the repository!

The moral of the story is that as long as you're using modern packages you probably won't have a problem.