Kerbal Space Agency - Advancing technology today, for a better tomorrow.

Started by Jarhead0331, September 25, 2012, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Staggerwing

Has anyone gotten the Pro version of the Kerbalizer? What does it add?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 12, 2013, 06:34:25 PM
In space no one can hear you scream...

Right now the only screams are mine - in frustration.

Fortunately there appear to be some solid tutorials.

I knew the first object I built wouldn't make it far, but when it just sat there on the launch pad I knew I was missing something.

RTFM is the next task. I will get this figured out :)

LongBlade

OK. Watched the first tutorial vid.

Got my kerbals about 20 km up. Then they came down. Strangely the parachute didn't deploy. Poor kerbals.

Fortunately the game will supply more.

Huw the Poo

From my limited time with the demo, I think you're supposed to press space to deploy the 'chute.  Space seems to be the key to advance each stage.

bob48

Yep, Huw. That's correct. I went through the same frustrations as LB until I figured that out. I can now get the little buggers up ok, but have not yet been able to achieve a stable orbit.

Lots of head scratching and muttering of profanities at the moment.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on April 13, 2013, 05:51:17 AM
Yep, Huw. That's correct. I went through the same frustrations as LB until I figured that out. I can now get the little buggers up ok, but have not yet been able to achieve a stable orbit.

Lots of head scratching and muttering of profanities at the moment.

I pressed space multiple times :)

Not to worry. I was actually quite thrilled the thing took off at all. It was a hoot just getting it off the ground. And I can't tell you how excited I was watching it go up and up - then start to tumble out of control. Sometimes the more I corrected it the worse it got, but that was half the fun!

Capn Darwin

Apparently for LB, it is rocket science.  :P

I may have to try this out when I get done with Red Storm work.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Nefaro

The key to building working rockets is setting up the stages properly.  For basic stuff, they tend to be fine with the default but there is regularly some adjustment needed once you start making them more complex than a simple little Orbit & Back-size. 

Also, once you hit this more complex building stage, you'll begin having to be as efficient as possible with your fuel vs weight for travelling to other planets/moons.  The difficulty definitely keeps rising.  :D

LongBlade

w00t!

Second rocket I managed to get 147 km into space and come back to Kerbol safely!

Toonces

The guy on the right seems fairly stoked, but the other two look like they'd rather be anywhere else but in that rocket!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs