Kerbal Space Agency - Advancing technology today, for a better tomorrow.

Started by Jarhead0331, September 25, 2012, 08:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Great mod suggestion by Scott Manley : Real Solar System and Realism Overhaul

Grim.Reaper

Thinking of finally picking this one up....couple quick questions.

1)  I know there are tutorial videos out there, but does the full game itself come with any kind of tutorial mode? 

2)  If I pick this up likely will go with the GOG version....assuming all mods work with this version just like steam?

Pete Dero

Use this software (CKAN) to manage all your mods :

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-%28CKAN%29-Package-Manager-v1-6-16-13-May-2015

Quote : "CKAN knows which version of KSP you're running, which mods are compatible, and how to install, uninstall, and manage them"

However be careful : installing to much mods might make your game crash  (install some mods - test - install next mods - test - ... )

Grim.Reaper

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Capn Darwin

Does anyone know if they fixed the busted aerodynamic center on rocket bodies yet? That was a bad bug a while back causing body only rockets to tumble in flight.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Nefaro

Quote from: Capn Darwin on November 10, 2015, 04:52:31 PM
Does anyone know if they fixed the busted aerodynamic center on rocket bodies yet? That was a bad bug a while back causing body only rockets to tumble in flight.

I thought that was supposed to be fixed awhile back.  But I dunno for sure.

steve58

A silent(?) patch has been released to fix a few issues that popped up in the update.

Steam users will not have to do anything to have this patch applied to their game, those of you who have downloaded it through the KSP store can redownload the game, and finally if you've bought the game through GOG the patch is currently in their approval process, we'll update this thread once it's available. The build number in the main menu will jump from 1024 to 1028 after the patch is applied.

The update is now available for download.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/139001-Silent-patch-for-KSP-1-0-5-published

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

OJsDad

I see KSP is on sale on steam right now for $23.99. 

Question, does it allow you to build space stations either in orbit, the moon, or on another planet.  Or is it strictly getting ships into space.

I also see that Matrix has Buzz Aldrins SPM on sale for $14.99
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

steve58

Quote from: OJsDad on December 20, 2015, 04:54:48 PM
I see KSP is on sale on steam right now for $23.99. 

Question, does it allow you to build space stations either in orbit, the moon, or on another planet.  Or is it strictly getting ships into space.

I also see that Matrix has Buzz Aldrins SPM on sale for $14.99

You most certainly can build space stations around Kerbin, the Mun and the other planets.  In addition to the stock parts, lots of mods have space station parts.  All you got to do is ferry up the parts and dock'em together in a stable orbit  :))  It can get as complex as you want.  The MechJeb mod will help a lot.

Jack Nastyface

^I have been desperately trying to figure out docking with no joy.  I must have tried the tutorial 10 times, and I always seem to run out of fuel before docking.  Most disappointingly, there are no terrific explosions when I fail. Really, what's the point?
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

steve58

If anyone is interested in seeing/experiencing Kerbal Space Program's humble beginnings, several very early versions have been made officially available for download over on the Kerbal forums.  Legalese: they are offered "as is" without any warranty, etc

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/131906-the-earliest-versions-of-kerbal-space-program/

steve58

Saw on RPS mention of an early US manned space mission simulator.  Turns out the guy creating it, is a modder over on the KSP forums.  Its on Kickstarter and has a demo.  Go For Launch: Mercury

The Alpha demo puts you in the cockpit of Mercury-Redstone 3 "Freedom 7", the first American manned space mission. Every detail of the cockpit, systems and flight have been meticulously researched to be as authentic as possible. What you experience is exactly as it was seen by astronaut Alan Shepard on the morning of May 5 1961 as he sat in his capsule atop a modified Redstone missile.

sandman2575