Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Wow, that sounds pretty impressive!  Nice find.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Skoop on June 14, 2021, 08:17:40 PM
You guys seen this one ?

https://www.mudspike.com/dcs-liberation/

It's a 3rd party app that runs a dynamic campaign in dcs.  Works in sp and mp.  You can see the reapers guy demo it on YouTube.

I guess the community couldn't wait for their in house dynamic campaign.

Dang... :D

Yskonyn

As cool as Liberation is, the missions are very air defense asset heavy.
All missions I flew in the Hog were near impossible because you cannot force a simulated area of operations where Blue has air superiority established.
Maybe that's a feature by now, though, haven't tried it recently.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Hind release confirmed today. Also supposed to be a major update for the Tomcat.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

What an awesome update! Hind and Cyprus on Syria map...and look at those F-14 additions! Some good fixes on the Hornet and additions on the Viper!!!!

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/170893-dcs-world-25-changelog-and-updates-of-open-beta/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-4693551
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Redwolf

Did anybody here buy the Hind?

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

I'm generally not a big fan of Soviet hardware, but this beast is so iconic and really captured a place in my imagination from a very early age...think Red Dawn.

I'm confident I will never invest the time to become proficient at operating it in combat, but I hope to at least be able to fly it around, navigate and use some unguided weapons.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Skoop

I got the hind as well.  Initially I was kinda meh about it, I spent hundreds of hours in the black shark and have had enough of Russian helos.  After seeing the petrovich addition it kinda changed my mind, so I bought it to give it a whirle. 

It looks really cool and the AI copilot implementation is really slick. 

Smart marketing too, If this thing came out after the apache, I'd never touch it, but in the long term, it's nice having a heavily armed transport to use when you need to put troops into a hot LZ when those situations arise like they do on fraternity server.

Still can't wait for the apache though, lining up for a fall EA release.  The petrovich AI answers some questions I had about how a 2 man apache crew would work in DCS, and it looks like it will be cool.

Toonces

The Hind is such a cool aircraft.

Back to DCS-Liberation: would that work with Combined Arms?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Dammit Carl!

I'd seriously love to have enough time (and cash, to be honest) to do nothing but a deep dive into proper helicopter driving in DCS.

If I ever win the lottery, after setting up my pickle business and buying any Ford Rancheros I can find, I'm going to go whole-hog into all the goodies for this sort of thing.

Skoop

Quote from: Toonces on June 16, 2021, 01:27:38 PM
The Hind is such a cool aircraft.

Back to DCS-Liberation: would that work with Combined Arms?

That is a good question, I bet it would.  You just select a set of ground vehicles to be player control like you would aircraft.  This thing runs in MP too if you want, so you could run the ground vehicles while players fly aircraft.  It's a turn based system which generates a mission.  When the mission is complete, the results are imported back into the campaign for the next turn.

I've been meaning to run my own sp liberation campaign, but I did a bunch of hornet driving with buddies in mp and now I'll probably be focused on the hind for a few.  Maybe I set up a liberation where I fly the hind the whole time.

Toonces

Thanks, Skoop.  I think I'll give it a try when I can carve out some time and patience.  I would really like to spend more time with Combined Arms, but I always have trouble finding an easy way to find something to do.  Maybe this campaign generator thingy will do some of the heavy lifting for me.

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on June 16, 2021, 01:29:59 PM
I'd seriously love to have enough time (and cash, to be honest) to do nothing but a deep dive into proper helicopter driving in DCS.

If I ever win the lottery, after setting up my pickle business and buying any Ford Rancheros I can find, I'm going to go whole-hog into all the goodies for this sort of thing.

If only I had more space in my house, I'd love to get that R2-D2-looking mechanical chair, get my HOTAS set up, and get a VR headset, and really invest some hours in DCS.  It's not even the money holding me back at this point.  I simply do not have any where in my house or garage where I could put such a thing. 

Gusington

The Hind is probably my favorite modern, foreign (not US) helicopter and I would love to learn to fly it in a sim but I think my days of learning new complex sims ended 20 years ago :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

The hind is not that complex, a basic hotas like the t1600 would work or the saitek one.  I always recommend pedals for a helo, but start with a basic hotas first to see if you like it.  Even an xbox controller could work if you just want to test things out before committing money.