Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 15, 2015, 07:04:09 PM

oh my word - it only frikking works - ALB just became as adjustable as Red Dragon, oh man, choices now - to the shores of China or back to Western Europe

i have one problem, i have configured the shortcuts to increase and decrease the speed, but if i pause for more than say 5 seconds, the screen washes with colour and nothing can be seen, increasing the speed washes it back to normal again - i dont know if this is a cheat mechanism in the game - but even half speed, is good enough and then back upto normal when youre in control of the situation again

time to watch those ALB deck building vids again!

I have the same issue with graphic artifacts while pausing.  I use the 5 speed shortcuts and have set the lowest speed to 5 or 10% instead of full pause.  This greatly reduces the graphical problems.
So far i tried this with Company of Heroes, World in Conflict and the Men of War series and they all work perfectly at reduced speeds.  I even reinstalled Wargame European Escalation to try the campaign again.

undercovergeek

ah, i see now, yeah i just had 50% and 100% - ill adjust the variations on the +/- buttons to 25% slices - great tip thanks

Pete Dero

I use the five shortcuts : Speedhack speed 1 to 5 (instead of speedhack + and -)
e.g. 1 = 0,05  / 2= 0,20  / 3=0,5 /  4=1,0  / 5=0 (or full pause).   I find this easier than pressing + or - continuously

undercovergeek

yeah, just booted game now and saw the 5 hot keys - now at 0.02, 0.50, and 1 - my play style is to play on normal until the **** hits the fan and then slow it right down, make the adjustments and then back up again - this was a great find Pete thanks

jomni

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Jarhead0331

UCG got me in the mood to revisit the Wargame series. I'm reminded how spectacular the engine really is. It is capable of some amazing things.  I would nominate the games in the series as some of the top wargames in the last 10 years.

UK Harrier deploying ordnance under AAA fire

Tracers reaching for the Harrier

Collateral damage will be heavy today.

Impact!

Digging entrenched East Germans out of town

Good hits. East Germans routing

Dead Germans left behind

This is from early in the battle. This entire town gets leveled.

Tornado proving CAS to a forward SAS unit

Beautiful jet

F4 Wildweasel moving in on AAA

Guns! Guns! Guns!

Shredding the woods, and East Germans

Devil's Cross

Depleted uranium and Mavericks

Smashing OPFOR tanks

BOOM!

This A10 destroyed a T55 platoon and then turned on a section of AAA....awesome!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Great shots!!

I saw you in game on steam and figured you'd be doing some blasting - I do like the setting in ALB more than red dragon

jomni

Agree. Like ALB more as well.

Jarhead0331

I like Red Dragon because it gives me a good excuse to use a Marine deck. I agree though, the solid Cold War 1980s feel of ALB is awesome!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 18, 2015, 04:54:03 AM
Great shots!!

I saw you in game on steam and figured you'd be doing some blasting - I do like the setting in ALB more than red dragon

Dude, next time ping me. I'm dying to play some coop.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

BanzaiCat

So the way you guys are going on about Wargame Red Dragon...is it that much better than Wargame European Escalation? I have the latter and it was enjoyable but it didn't suck me in the way I'd hoped. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 18, 2015, 07:19:18 AM
So the way you guys are going on about Wargame Red Dragon...is it that much better than Wargame European Escalation? I have the latter and it was enjoyable but it didn't suck me in the way I'd hoped. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance.

I think all three games in the series are must have games. The OOBs expanded as each game was released. The main problem with EE and ALB was that there was no option to slow time down and this frustrated a lot of people. In larger battles  things can get quite hectic. Red dragon solved the problem by adding speed options.  A downloadable trainer brought to our attention  by Pete and UCG permits the player to slow down time now in EE and ALB. They are close to being the perfect Cold War tactical combat RTS games now. Nothing else comes even close.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jomni

I don't like that the OOB in Red Dragon is too specialized.  That means you can encounter a solo arty unit in the campaign map.  You need to stack them with other combat formations.
At least in ALB, all units are mixed with some emphasis on certain types.

Back to Ukraine...

Za Rodinu!  Old habits die hard.  While browsing for pictures regarding the current Ukraine conflict, I saw that the combatants still paint stuff on their vehicles. They were the Novorossiyan Army, not Russian regulars, but what the heck.  This inspired me to do some painting myself.

Note: The Ukrainians paint white lines on their vehicles so that they can determine friend or foe since the equipment are similar.  The default Ukrainian T-64 paint has these lines already.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 18, 2015, 07:55:17 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 18, 2015, 07:19:18 AM

I think all three games in the series are must have games. The OOBs expanded as each game was released. The main problem with EE and ALB was that there was no option to slow time down and this frustrated a lot of people. In larger battles  things can get quite hectic. Red dragon solved the problem by adding speed options.  A downloadable trainer brought to our attention  by Pete and UCG permits the player to slow down time now in EE and ALB. They are close to being the perfect Cold War tactical combat RTS games now. Nothing else comes even close.

What he said

Happy with my UK deck for ALB - moving onto a U.S. deck - could have sworn there were marines