Battle of Mansfield April 8th 1864

Started by nevermore, July 17, 2012, 03:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevermore

Battle of Mansfield April 8th 1864

The Battle of Mansfield, also known as the Battle of Sabine Crossroads, occurred on April 8, 1864, in De Soto Parish, Louisiana. Confederate forces commanded by Richard Taylor attacked a Union army commanded by Nathaniel Banks a few miles outside the town of Mansfield, near Sabine Crossroads. The Union forces held their positions for a short time before being overwhelmed by Confederate attacks and driven from the field. The battle was a decisive Confederate victory which stopped the advance of the Union army's Red River Campaign during the American Civil War.

Another 72 photos of this famous battle on the website in the gallery.

http://grimsbywargamessociety.webs.com/

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

I wish I had the time, money and skill to come close to collecting and painting anything that looked that good.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Arctic Blast

Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 17, 2012, 06:58:50 AM
I wish I had the time, money and skill to come close to collecting and painting anything that looked that good.

Ditto. That looks incredible.

besilarius

We should organize a Groghead expedition to Grimsby to view one of their epic sessions.
Or come up with the funds to import them.  Looks like there is a lot to learn.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

W8taminute

Nice work, attention to detail, and overall setup.  Wish I had the time and money to play too.  Looks like fun.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

nevermore

Quote from: besilarius on July 29, 2012, 11:02:12 AM
We should organize a Groghead expedition to Grimsby to view one of their epic sessions.
Or come up with the funds to import them.  Looks like there is a lot to learn.

More than welcome for a large game any weekend, got a bunch of lads coming to the club for a large Franco-Prussian game soon