General banter (out of character, non RP)

Started by Yskonyn, April 06, 2018, 11:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Never seen it. Is it available on one of the popular streaming options?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Maybe Crunchyroll, I haven't checked -- but they have a ton of options there.

I'll look around this afternoon after work. I've got it on DVD so never bothered to check streaming.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

It appears to be streaming on Hulu, but I don't have that platform so I haven't checked. https://www.hulu.com/mobile-suit-gundam-the-08th-ms-team Seems complete, all 12 episodes. (Doesn't seem to have Miller's Report, but that's no great loss, it's a terrible compilation movie. Also doesn't seem to have Battle in Three Dimensions, but that can be found legitimately free elsewhere I expect.)

Dailymotion seems to have episodes (but that's like watching on Youtube, i.e. probably illegal.)

You can search for "08th ms team streaming" and see what turns up. Kissanime has it evidently, as well as www.anime-planet.com.

The English dub is legitimately good, and features a number of well-known dubbers; but various streaming services (including Hulu) also offer it in subtitles.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

I'll try to ready Jamus' company later today and fire off the campaign. Let's see if we can get this going!
If I don't run into any delaying factors we should have the first couple of contracts listed.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Sorry for the radio silence. It's been busy the last weeks with lots of roster changes.
I'll see if I can get this going again in the next few days.

Yskonyn

Small update:
I expect to restart this at the end of august. Vacation is coming, the flightline is busy as heck and all things vie for attention while trying to keep a family life.
Let's first go on holiday and then return here and start proper.

Yskonyn

Actuators powering up!
Hydraulic Pressure nominal.
Let's activate this back up!

Yskonyn

The developement build of MekHQ (now v0.45) has a superb new feature; it's force generator has been overhauled and can now make canon or non canon forces as big as we would like!
For this reason alone I am going to try to move to this new build. Hopefully we don't run into any severe bugs as the latest stable release still is 0.44.

I'll let you know if the switch has been final. For now, do NOT update your MekHQ install yet, please.

JasonPratt

{gasp!} DO I GET TO VILLAINIZE???!?!  :dreamer: <:-)

I shall ponder.

Yskonyn

Yes thou shall!  :notworthy:

Unless you fancy a Grog company against the AI better?

JasonPratt

I shall let my answer be Mua ha ha ha ha.

But of course, I shall have disposable uh, quirky mini-bosses and their squads, who will do the actual OpFor fighting. Those who please me shall return. Those who fail... it depends on whether they amuse me, and how much use I can make of my amusement with them in other regards considering my Larger Scope plans elsewhere which, I would naturally assume, won't be part of the Grog story (unless that becomes dramatically interesting).

(Having said that, I reserve the right to have my attention somewhere else and let AI squads here or there fight so that the missions can continue in my player absence. Presumably not every fight would be against my tools pawns minions.)

Yskonyn

To get the game going I will roll for finances for Jamus' company.

Jason and Metal will have to roll a Lance.
I'll also go ahead an set some spare parts on the procurement list.
If you guys have any requests in that area please feel free to drop those requests in the 'Requests' thread above.
Don't forget spare ammo and weapons.

Armor is already in transit for 160 tons of it.

Actuators come per tonnage variant so that's dependent on which Mechs you guys roll.

I'll also go ahead and generate some contracts to choose from.

jamus34

Hey Ysk, am I rolling with a company or a lance?

Also, do you have the updated file to send back to me to update my records? I saw that you rolled me some nice cash.
Insert witty comment here.

Yskonyn

Thats your call Jamus.
We can leave your company as is. Most missions will feature one of the Lances anyway.
But if you just want to focus on one of your Lances thats fine with me.

Jason will roll a Lance as will MetalDog. The plan has been changed slightly as I dont forsee it good for the game to play with a human opfor at this time. Too much coordination needed, so we are switching to an 'Against the bot' setting.
It has the added benefit of everyone being able to play their missions in their own time.

JasonPratt

I've had to schedule overtime this week, and action umpiring the Grogpublic game has been steady, so I'm not where I could study and roll my Lance; but I expect to be able to do so this Saturday. (I'm somewhat hopeful I can set aside time at work to study the program's functionality.  O:-) )