Space: 1889 reborn

Started by besilarius, November 02, 2019, 08:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"ULISSES NORTH AMERICA ACQUIRES SPACE: 1889
Ulisses North America is pleased to announce the acquisition of the Space: 1889 intellectual property.

"Of course, I'm thrilled to be involved again with Space: 1889," says UNA studio head Timothy Brown, who was part of the original Space: 1889 design team at Game Designers' Workshop back in the late 1980s. "It's part of my personal creative history, and still a vibrant and imaginative setting ripe for new adventures and stories."

Line Developer Darrell Hayhurst added, "Back then, the only game setting that captured my imagination more than Torg was Space: 1889. The opportunity to work on the latest incarnations of both games has been a dream come true for me."

Frank Chadwick, the creator of the original game, said, "I'm very excited at Ulisses taking over Space:1889 and we're already discussing possible projects and the overall direction of the series. I think fans are going to be delighted by what we come up with."

Ulisses North America anticipates new tabletop products beginning in 2021, but no details are as yet available."

https://www.ulisses-us.com/

Have no idea if this is a good sign or not, being totally unfamiliar with the firm and it's products.  Loved the concepts of Space: 1889, but for some reason it never really caught on.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Tpek

Wait, but Space 1889 was just recently re-released in a new edition (which was kickstarted).

So now that edition will become obsolete and a new edition will come out instead?

SirAndrewD

Not sure how comfortable I am with any Ulisses NA releases anymore. 

The book they put out for Warhammer 40k Wrath and Glory was abysmally formatted and horribly edited and written.   It was so bad GW pulled the book from them and gave it to Cubicle 7 for a near 100% rewrite less than a year after release. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback