James Webb Space Telescope

Started by steve58, December 17, 2021, 08:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

MikeGER

cant wait so see the frist IR-spectrum of the atmosphere of an exoplanet or exomoon in the habitable zone  :Nerd:

Sigwolf

Amazing comparison of tech in just 25 years, but not from the James Webb considering the right side image is from two years before it launched.  :grin:

W8taminute

Quote from: MikeGER on September 11, 2023, 03:49:21 AMcant wait so see the frist IR-spectrum of the atmosphere of an exoplanet or exomoon in the habitable zone  :Nerd:

I've seen a tik tok of a exoplanet in the skies of Alaska recently.  Planet Nibiru?  :cool:

On a side note: Pluto is a planet! 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SirAndrewD

Quote from: W8taminute on September 11, 2023, 10:13:54 AMI've seen a tik tok of a exoplanet in the skies of Alaska recently.  Planet Nibiru?  :cool:

Since the definition of an exoplanet is a planet outside of our solar system, I seriously doubt that. 

And looking it up, it's a sundog. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 11, 2023, 01:31:53 PM...

And looking it up, it's a sundog. 

No the video clip I saw looked like an orange ball in the sky with landmass features carved into it.  Not a sun with rainbows on either side of it.

Anyway it's not important.  I'm just being goofy. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

anyone see todays eclipse?