Important Weather News

Started by solops, September 12, 2022, 11:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

We are FINALLY getting some temps below 71 deg F on a regular basis. Now maybe the tomatoes will set fruit. It was 64 last night.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

GDS_Starfury

pfft, obviously not in south floriduh
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

It's raining here after about 10 weeks with almost no measureable rain. Low of 49 degrees forecast a few days from now 🥳

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: solops on September 12, 2022, 11:02:46 PM
We are FINALLY getting some temps below 71 deg F on a regular basis. Now maybe the tomatoes will set fruit. It was 64 last night.

Same here! -- but probably too late for tomatoes.

Weirdly, we had a crazy number of 'volunteer' tomatoes in one part of our garden all last year (down to pretty late in the fall), but not a single solitary one showed up this year despite all the seeds which must have been dropped last year. Premerge got them I guess...? (In effect, they were Dad's last gift to us before he died: the day before, we had been out trying to get some tomato planters operational, although they didn't do nearly as well as the 'wild' ones which sprang up all over the place nearby!)

Anyway: this year's snowpocalypse thread can't be very far behind! Supposedly, West TN will have more than average snow this year thanks to the fourth El Nina in a row. (And also be drier this winter than average...??)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

solops

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2022, 11:11:39 PM
Central Texas 100 miles West of Austin.  93 at noon, 64 that night. Common this time of year. In July it was 101 at 2 PM and 72 at night pretty much all the time. The real icing is the 25 to 35% humidity. Feels great in the shade all the time. I hated Houston, which is why we retired here. And with Amazon delivery, my wife does not even miss the shopping! You just have to get used to all plant life dying in the summer.

Except the cactus. And my teeny garden. The deer eat anything that tries to live. I knew there was trouble when they ate all of my serranos and jalapenos...peppers, leaves and stems.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

Fall is here in Fla. as well. It's noon and hasn't reached 90 degrees yet.  :o  On a really good note, the Hummingbirds have come back right on time.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 13, 2022, 10:51:45 AM
Fall is here in Fla. as well. It's noon and hasn't reached 90 degrees yet.  :o  On a really good note, the Hummingbirds have come back right on time.
Ooooooo! Interesting. I track the hummingbirds here each year. Our annual "residents" left a few weeks ago and the follow-up migration groups ended this week. We have hardly any left now. It is interesting that the ruby-throats always seem to be the first each year and the last through in the fall. The other get along well enough for six or seven to feed at the same time on one feeder with only the occasional homicidal flurry. But when the ruby throats show up, that is all over. The meanest always appoints himself as the Nazi feeder guard, allowing none to feed. The scene changes from 20  or 30  jostling to feed to one or two attempting a quick sip before they get dive-bombed.

Sir Slash

I have never been able to get them to get along well enough to share feeders, so I'm very jealous. It's the same here, the Ruby-Throats show-up first followed by others. They always leave at the same time as well, first part of March. Each year I resolve to get a couple of good pics of them but, damn, they are fast.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

you need the lips.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Sir Slash

:DD  At some point they better give those little guys something sweet. Trust me, you don't want a mob of angry Hummers on your hands.  :hide:

Sir Slash

There's a guy named, 'Ian' out in the gulf that's causing a lot of trouble for people in Fla. The latest advisory has him headed right for my house tomorrow. We are boarded-up, battened-down, and laid-in lots of milk, bread, and ass-wipe. And...Bourbon. So we're as ready as can be.

Will probably be without power for some time but will try to let everyone know how we are doing ASAP. But if you don't hear from me...I will see you all on the, 'Other Side' Grogheads.  O0

GDS_Starfury

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 27, 2022, 10:22:15 PM
There's a guy named, 'Ian' out in the gulf that's causing a lot of trouble for people in Fla. The latest advisory has him headed right for my house tomorrow. We are boarded-up, battened-down, and laid-in lots of milk, bread, and ass-wipe. And...Bourbon. So we're as ready as can be.

Will probably be without power for some time but will try to let everyone know how we are doing ASAP. But if you don't hear from me...I will see you all on the, 'Other Side' Grogheads.  O0

Good luck. Stay safe.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

this one is going to really really hurt.

nelmsm

Quote from: solops on September 13, 2022, 10:42:59 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2022, 11:11:39 PM
Central Texas 100 miles West of Austin.  93 at noon, 64 that night. Common this time of year. In July it was 101 at 2 PM and 72 at night pretty much all the time. The real icing is the 25 to 35% humidity. Feels great in the shade all the time. I hated Houston, which is why we retired here. And with Amazon delivery, my wife does not even miss the shopping! You just have to get used to all plant life dying in the summer.

Except the cactus. And my teeny garden. The deer eat anything that tries to live. I knew there was trouble when they ate all of my serranos and jalapenos...peppers, leaves and stems.

I live up in the Southern Panhandle and 25 to 35% humidity is a sultry day here.  Of course most days the wind blows 25 to 35.  LOL