IRL (In Real Life) > General Discussion

Important Weather News

(1/16) > >>

solops:
We are FINALLY getting some temps below 71 deg F on a regular basis. Now maybe the tomatoes will set fruit. It was 64 last night.

GDS_Starfury:
pfft, obviously not in south floriduh

Gusington:
Itís raining here after about 10 weeks with almost no measureable rain. Low of 49 degrees forecast a few days from now 🥳

JasonPratt:

--- Quote from: solops on September 12, 2022, 10:02:46 PM ---We are FINALLY getting some temps below 71 deg F on a regular basis. Now maybe the tomatoes will set fruit. It was 64 last night.

--- End quote ---

Same here! -- but probably too late for tomatoes.

Weirdly, we had a crazy number of 'volunteer' tomatoes in one part of our garden all last year (down to pretty late in the fall), but not a single solitary one showed up this year despite all the seeds which must have been dropped last year. Premerge got them I guess...? (In effect, they were Dad's last gift to us before he died: the day before, we had been out trying to get some tomato planters operational, although they didn't do nearly as well as the 'wild' ones which sprang up all over the place nearby!)

Anyway: this year's snowpocalypse thread can't be very far behind! Supposedly, West TN will have more than average snow this year thanks to the fourth El Nina in a row. (And also be drier this winter than average...??)

solops:

--- Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 12, 2022, 10:11:39 PM ---pfft, obviously not in south floriduh

--- End quote ---
Central Texas 100 miles West of Austin.  93 at noon, 64 that night. Common this time of year. In July it was 101 at 2 PM and 72 at night pretty much all the time. The real icing is the 25 to 35% humidity. Feels great in the shade all the time. I hated Houston, which is why we retired here. And with Amazon delivery, my wife does not even miss the shopping! You just have to get used to all plant life dying in the summer.

Except the cactus. And my teeny garden. The deer eat anything that tries to live. I knew there was trouble when they ate all of my serranos and jalapenos...peppers, leaves and stems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version