Liquid metal robots...they're a thing now for real

Started by steve58, January 27, 2023, 11:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sigwolf

That would probably be a lot more scary if it looked like actual video footage rather than old-fashioned lego stop-motion.  Call me a cynic if that's their evidence.   :grin:

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sigwolf on January 27, 2023, 07:47:10 PMThat would probably be a lot more scary if it looked like actual video footage rather than old-fashioned lego stop-motion.  Call me a cynic if that's their evidence.   :grin:

I'm assuming its time lapsed. This thing, if authentic, probably took a very long time to go from solid to liquid and back to solid state again.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sigwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 27, 2023, 08:08:49 PM
Quote from: Sigwolf on January 27, 2023, 07:47:10 PMThat would probably be a lot more scary if it looked like actual video footage rather than old-fashioned lego stop-motion.  Call me a cynic if that's their evidence.   :grin:

I'm assuming its time lapsed. This thing, if authentic, probably took a very long time to go from solid to liquid and back to solid state again.
I'm sure, which is why I said "looked like actual video footage".  Even using time-lapse, they could have made it look much more convincing than that. There are very smooth time-lapse videos, even spanning years.  This was not one of those.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sigwolf on January 27, 2023, 08:26:54 PM
Quote from: Sigwolf on January 27, 2023, 07:47:10 PMThat would probably be a lot more scary if it looked like actual video footage rather than old-fashioned lego stop-motion.  Call me a cynic if that's their evidence.  :grin:

I'm sure, which is why I said "looked like actual video footage".  Even using time-lapse, they could have made it look much more convincing than that. There are very smooth time-lapse videos, even spanning years.  This was not one of those.

Well, it seems to be very real. I guess their main focus isn't trying to convince people on the internet.

Here is another example that might be up to your cinematic standards... :tophat:

Mimetic polyalloy
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sigwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 27, 2023, 08:48:15 PM
Quote from: Sigwolf on January 27, 2023, 08:26:54 PM
Quote from: Sigwolf on January 27, 2023, 07:47:10 PMThat would probably be a lot more scary if it looked like actual video footage rather than old-fashioned lego stop-motion.  Call me a cynic if that's their evidence.  :grin:

Well, it seems to be very real. I guess their main focus isn't trying to convince people on the internet.

Here is another example that might be up to your cinematic standards... :tophat:

Mimetic polyalloy
:facepalm_picard: I was questioning the media's tenuous attempt to tie the tech to T2 with such poor footage, not it's existence...

Jarhead0331

^oh. That wasn't clear at all.  :uglystupid2:

That was the intent of the product developer though. Not the media. They were trying to be cute.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

QuoteHere is another example that might be up to your cinematic standards... :tophat:

Mimetic polyalloy

now you can eat lead and shit bullets JH!  :ThumbsUp:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 28, 2023, 02:56:51 PM
QuoteHere is another example that might be up to your cinematic standards... :tophat:

Mimetic polyalloy

now you can eat lead and shit bullets JH!  :ThumbsUp:

I've been doing that for years.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I thought it was 'eat lightning and crap thunder'?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd