What are you watching on YouTube now?

Started by W8taminute, March 27, 2023, 02:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Thought I'd start a random topic about what we watch on YouTube.  I'm looking for silly random things less than 30 minutes. 

Here is a video I stumbled upon today that kind of made me longing for a more civilized era.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Cool topic. Not so much watching but listening to:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

A recent rabbit hole of mine after FINALLY watching 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time recently (this video is the first of a series):

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

W8taminute

Yeah I have a feeling this is going to be a rabbit hole for sure.   :ThumbsUp:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Sir Slash

Nice video W8. Is it my imagination or did boobies bounce more in 1977?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

They did indeed Slash, they did indeed!  :laugh:

W8taminute

al_infierno

Recently discovered the YouTube channel "Fake Documentary Q" which does a series of found footage style J-horror.  I've only watched a few so far (Film Inferno, No Fiction, and House of Mirrors) but so far this is the Good Goods.  Pure atmosphere and dread, no dumb jump scares.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I know this is an english only forum however I thought that one of you grogs would get a kick out of this old WW2 classic russian song.  Only this time it is sung in over 40 different languages.

This title says 1 girl, 40 languages/ Katyusha