DOOM

Started by parone, June 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingedflamez

Hi everyone, Im new here, been playing Dom3 a bit, but only SP.  I have CB1.92 and Assimilation 1.1.  Are those the correct mods?

Haerdalas

OK, I have no experience what so ever in Multiplayer or Middle age. I have however played several singleplayer games until it was obvious I had won / I made a stupid mistake and got crushed by 800 Formorian giants (less of those as time went on, thankfully). Could I play, or am I too inexperience for this game?

Huw the Poo

Woo, more forum members!  Welcome to Grogheads, chaps.  When you're settled in, don't forget to check out the other forums!

Have a great game. :)

parone

wingedflame: i believe the most recent cbm is 1.94-your assimilation mod is correct, however.

haerdalas: there is no basement here.  i have played a bunch of games, and am no newb, but have never won(i stink, in other words)  if you'd like to play, your welcome, as long as you are committed to making a reasonable effort.

both of you gentlemen, feel free to select your nations.

parone

if you don't have the mods yet, you may want to download them and play some SP with them(and whatever nation you plan to use) to make sure they are installed properly.  sometimes that's a bit tricky(especially for those as technically challenged as i am)

Haerdalas

Thanks, I have been looking for a MP game to join for about 2 weeks now. Singleplayer got a bit boring for me due to being a small bit easy past early game - I always got to Construction 8 first, and then just made an SC with all the best items in the game. I win. I want a challenge, which, from the sounds of it, multiplayer certainly will be. I do not fear failure and endless defeat... which is, I think, a good thing, especially considering the game name. Death and glory and death, or something.

Thanks for letting me play. I may take a few days to pick a nation and check it out, if that is alright. I am fairly busy tomorrow and the day after, but should be pretty much completely free after that (Exams nearly over)

also, Dark Souls rules! PC here though...

parone

you are most welcome heraldas-we have nothing but time.  pick your nation and tweak your build

Wingedflamez

Put me down for Shinuyama please.

Haerdalas

Tentatively, put my down for Tien Chi please, though I still need to test them.

parone

guys, those are both great nations, but both are tough on new players(shin uses lots of summons, TC generally requires a player who can manage communions).  you are welcome to stick with them or try something else.  but i will reserve them for you unless you change your mind.

i'll probably not be Ulm in this game.  they are the nation i am best with, and with new players, that isn't right.  i'll wait until everyone picks their nation, and then pick from what's left.  so Ulm is back on the table.

Faux

Hello! Just created an account because the Dominions community seems pretty active in here and this particular game seems good for a beginner like me. I've never played MP but I do have a fair bit of SP experience with the different nations, although late game is still a bit of a mystery to me.

Anyway, I'd like to play Agartha.

parone

Faux

Btw can I use Llamabeast's banner mod or is everyone required to have it installed? It's just a graphical mod but I've no idea how it actually works in MP.

Wingedflamez

Thanx for the warning. Leave them reserved for me right now I like the initial look of them. But I haven't finished m looking over them yet. Should be able to finish that tonight and give a better answer this evening.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Faux on June 12, 2013, 06:31:59 AM
Btw can I use Llamabeast's banner mod or is everyone required to have it installed? It's just a graphical mod but I've no idea how it actually works in MP.

Afaik any graphic mod is just your side of the server it doesn't effect the game or anyone else