Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Dolan50 on October 03, 2015, 04:28:52 PM
QuoteBinLaden wanted to help Suadi Arabia, but the Saudis said no thank you and excepted the US aid.  That had more to do with the anti west movement of the radical Islamifasists than anything else.

Yet ,the people responsible for 9/11  were from Saudi Arabia!

Right.

Living in Afghanistan.

I'm not tracking with you.

The point being that international borders are kinda irrelevant when it comes to terrorists? On that I'd agree.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Dolan50

QuoteWhat did we lose again?

How about  your freedom! The Govt. Spys on us thru the internet! not to mention all the other ways they own us, like naional Health Care and Car insurance. We fought a war in this country for indepence(taxation without repersentation) from a country  that treated us better then what we have now!
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Bison

And your proposition to address this grievance is what again exactly? 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Dolan50

If I knew I would be the next president
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

Dolan50

Take note, for you are seeing in this time the apex and the decline of an empire that had potential, but was Hi-Jacked by corporate fucks that could care less about the country that maintaned them.

pawelj

Quote from: Dolan50 on October 03, 2015, 04:55:29 PM
QuoteWhat did we lose again?

How about  your freedom! The Govt. Spys on us thru the internet! not to mention all the other ways they own us, like naional Health Care and Car insurance. We fought a war in this country for indepence(taxation without repersentation) from a country  that treated us better then what we have now!
In the free society you have no fear of persecution of openly expressing yourself. It is not the "spying" that would be the problem, its if there were potential consequences of free expression that would be an issue. So far there has been no proof that any of the mass intelligence gathered was ever used for purposes of curtailing free expression or political activity. And what's with the national Health Care and Car Insurance nonsense? I think you got your scripts all mixed up.

"Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonour. They chose dishonour. They will have war." - Winston Churchill

LongBlade

Quote from: Dolan50 on October 03, 2015, 05:15:17 PM
Take note, for you are seeing in this time the apex and the decline of an empire that had potential, but was Hi-Jacked by corporate fucks that could care less about the country that maintamed them.

"Corporate fucks?"

I'm afraid that's too technical for my small brain, but if I'm not mistaken, by your logic the causality of America's problems are caused by "corporate fucks."

It would seem your solution is obvious: eliminate "corporate fucks."

Easy enough.

From now on there will be no more sex between workers in corporations!

Dolan50

QuoteIn the free society you have no fear of persecution of openly expressing yourself. It is not the "spying" that would be the problem, its if there were potential consequences of free expression that would be an issue. So far there has been no proof that any of the mass intelligence gathered was ever used for purposes of curtailing free expression or political activity. And what's with the national Health Care and Car Insurance nonsense? I think you got your scripts all mixed up.

I think you're a paid for shill, since I've never seen you post anything about games,but you do post alot about current neo-liberal events!

Bison

The first point is that the United States is not an empire, but that being said I'm not sure the sun has begun to set on the American experiment.   The frustration is all fine and good, but again what do you suggest to be done?  Railing against "corporations" isn't really a policy position nor is lamenting their destruction of the nation that ends their influence, because I'm going to assume you like everyone else benefit from any number of the many of the products of these same corporations produce.  So what are some ideas to address the issue of what I surmise is your perception of undo influence? 

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on October 03, 2015, 05:29:18 PM
because I'm going to assume you like everyone else benefit from any number of the many of the products of these same corporations produce. 

Apple products are totally overrated.

undercovergeek

Quote from: LongBlade on October 03, 2015, 05:31:09 PM
because I'm going to assume you like everyone else benefit from any number of the many of the products of these same corporations produce. 

cider?

mirth

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 03, 2015, 05:33:35 PM

cider?

Vinegar?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

pawelj

Quote from: Dolan50 on October 03, 2015, 05:24:32 PM
QuoteIn the free society you have no fear of persecution of openly expressing yourself. It is not the "spying" that would be the problem, its if there were potential consequences of free expression that would be an issue. So far there has been no proof that any of the mass intelligence gathered was ever used for purposes of curtailing free expression or political activity. And what's with the national Health Care and Car Insurance nonsense? I think you got your scripts all mixed up.

I think you're a paid for shill, since I've never seen you post anything about games,but you do post alot about current neo-liberal events!
You would know about "paid for posting".

I think we have another CitizenStechkin situation here, LongBlade.
"Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonour. They chose dishonour. They will have war." - Winston Churchill

bob48

Quote from: mirth on October 03, 2015, 05:33:57 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 03, 2015, 05:33:35 PM

cider?

Vinegar?

Pie?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!