US Pacific Campaign - Order of Battle WW2 AAR - Complete

Started by airboy, January 12, 2019, 08:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Continues to be as amazing as the real campaign!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Guadalcanal Part 4 is up:

https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/20/guadalcanal-part-4/

This is the end of major land combat.  The big naval battle at end game remains.

airboy

After 67 edited screenshots and nine pages of text, the Battle of Guadalcanal has finished.

There was a titanic conflict between two huge Japanese surface fleets, US Marine Air Corps, and the US Navy.

https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/21/guadalcanal-part-5-a-huge-naval-battle-conclusion/

Like reality, this scenario was a long, huge battle of attrition the Japs lost.

JasonPratt

Admiral Yamamoto, zorched after all by the sleeping radioactive giant he awakened and filled with an enduring fury.

Press F to pay respects.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Congrats on the victory Airboy. I bet the Emperor is pissing himself now.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

IICptMillerII

Just wanted to swing by and say that I've enjoyed reading through your AARs. You do a great job of balancing text and pictures, having just enough of each without overdoing it one way or the other. That's something I personally struggle with in AARs. Its always a nice added bonus to see someone play who knows what they're doing too! Both in regards to game mechanics as well as period appropriate tactics. I'm also a sucker for naval combat on this scale. Great stuff, and congrats on your win at Guadalcanal!

airboy

Thanks for your kind comments.  I have all of the screen shots for New Georgia the next scenario in the lineup.  I've finished writing up about 25% of the scenario.

Life in a mostly good way has intervened.  I'm hoping to get New Georgia up in the next 7 days along with a number of other things on my game blog.

airboy

airboy

Battle of the Philippine Sea concludes:
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/07/09/philippine-sea-finale/

This update introduces scout pilot "Mewler" and his belief in the Scout Pilot Death Dance by Captain Skull.

On a happier note, there are only three scenarios left in this campaign!    :)

IICptMillerII

Really enjoying this AAR. The New Georgia write ups were particularly fun to read through. Great scenario that really gave you a lot of freedom in how you tackled it. Its always nice to see a plan well executed and succeed. I'm starting the Philippine Sea write ups now. Great stuff!