Battlestations Pacific

Started by Gusington, January 30, 2013, 09:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Quote from: ArizonaTank on May 06, 2013, 10:04:31 PM
On sale now at GG.  Only $3.75.  Great deal for that money.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BSP/battlestations-pacific

Missed it! Oh well, it will go on sale again.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

JasonPratt

Grabbed it; Midway was only $6 and some change; picked that up as well. (I feel like I may have had that already in a hardcopy somewhere though...)

I wonder if my old Flightstick Pro will work on my new Win8 monster rig....? I badly need to pick up an XBox controller at some point, too.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

I got it, luckily for under $5.00, and couldn't get out of the tutorial....the UI is a head-scratcher, at least it was at my feeble intellect....maybe I was just impatient and didn't give it the time necessary to figure it out, but it quickly became a 'I'll give it another try later' game. 

W8taminute

^I was confused and frustrated at first with this game as well.  The controls are not really explained that well in the online tutorial nor in the manual that came with the game.  Then I found this:  http://ebookbrowse.com/battlestations-pacific-manual-pdf-d108501125

Starting on page 10 you see some very important advanced control options that were giving me trouble figuring out how to use until this guide showed the way.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tuna

wt8aminute, I would scan your PC if you downloaded that ebook.. Came up as unsafe site when I went to download.. also the PDF ended with exe.. no need for a book to be an executable... hmmm not sure we want to connect to your PC for Civ IV Game tonight!!!  :o

W8taminute

Quote from: Tuna on May 08, 2013, 05:57:35 AM
wt8aminute, I would scan your PC if you downloaded that ebook.. Came up as unsafe site when I went to download.. also the PDF ended with exe.. no need for a book to be an executable... hmmm not sure we want to connect to your PC for Civ IV Game tonight!!!  :o

Ah no worries Tuna.  I use the link to read the manual online only.  I haven't downloaded it but now I'm thinking I'll need to stop using that site.  Thanks for the heads up.  Don't know why my rig did not detect the danger but it could be because I didn't try to download the file.   ???
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Gamersgate provides the English (literally British!) version of the manual; I've appended below, downloaded from GG.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

FrontierCybrarian

I hope I'm not providing something that was already threaded/posted but there is a good article on Battlestations Pacific here. It provides tips, cheats, walkthrough, mission table of contents, controls, etc.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Battlestations:_Pacific

Maybe it's helpful in some way. I have both Battlestations but overall I've too many games and don't have the time or energy to play most. Probably need to sell all but a few. But which ones? Like many I'm a pc "wargame" collector more than a devoted player.

Forgive me Lordz Studio for I have sinned!
Task without Vision is Drudgery
Vision without Task is Dreaming
But Task with Vision is Destiny.

The Church News, January 4, 1958

JasonPratt

Considering how many games I've bought from the Lordz, I think they'll be pretty lenient about my not having played many/any of them yet. ;)

I almost consider wargaming a charitable hobby where I reward creativity and hard work while only getting a nominal item in return, like supporting the fine arts. This is why I don't really mind paying elite prices for wargames.

That being said, I didn't mind paying a total of around $10 for the Battlestations games, either.  ;D

Huw the Poo

It's probably an exe because it's a self-extracting archive that also bestows some advertising stuff upon you.  I doubt it's anything too bad.  It's always a good idea to scan stuff you download from untrusted websites though, of course. :)

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 08, 2013, 07:30:47 AM
Gamersgate provides the English (literally British!) version of the manual; I've appended below, downloaded from GG.

Thanks Jason!

Grim.Reaper

I know this had some interest in the past, happen to see this series on sale at getgames (steam keys) pretty darn cheap.....

Midway ($1.74)
http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/battlestations-midway-steam

Pacific ($2.24)
http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/battlestations-pacific-steam

Apocalypse 31

We need more hybrid RTS/FPS games.