Started by eyebiter, June 28, 2014, 08:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyebiter

GDS_Starfury

was anything designed and build in the 50's with the thought of replacement?
even  Germany today could not design and build the shit we did in the 50's.
hell.... we can't even do it ourselves today...  :-[
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Great article, eyebiter. Nice to know the Brazilian A-4s are getting an upgrade and will be flying into the 2020s.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Mr. Bigglesworth

Seems like a strange purchase at this time.

If I was going to deck out a carrier I would think of 2 problems. Long range air cover for the ship. Strike ability if you need to project power. Presumably having a carrier you have said yes to that. So I would want drones with AMRAAM that can loiter 24 hrs with several fresh pilots taking shifts. For strikes I would probably go with the superhornet. Or again drones, fitted with paveway or harpoon.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

thats if they can afford Hornets and if those Hornets can actually fly off of their little carrier.  then theres also whats for sale and if said systems are even offerec to Brazil.  then theres also the fact of what they have, what they are used to, what they need and where their training lies.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.