Frightening Reads With a Supernatural Bent

Started by Gusington, September 22, 2014, 03:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Dude with all that energy your brain uses on Wolfen info you could have solved the world's energy and climate problems and cured cancer while on the can taking a break.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

mirth

Just when I thought I had seen it all, JP lays out a detailed breakdown of Wolfen.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

My geeking is randomly selective.  :D (I ported part of that analysis years ago into a criticism of the 3rd edition of the Humanist Manifesto, btw.)

That does remind me that a couple of years ago I invented a crazy economic recovery theory I call "constructive decimation" which, if implemented, would (probably) solve the world economy problems. Unlike the bizarre radical Malthusian stance taken by the movie version of Wolfen, it does not however involve letting wolves kill off sick and weak members of the human herd or anything else like that. ;)

I was bored that day.  :idiot2: O:-)

I may start a thread on it, though, since I like to go back occasionally and pick at problems with it to see if they can be resolved. It basically involves the government requiring all goods and services bought and sold in the United States being occasionally reset back to 10% of their current value once indices rise far enough; so any money saved up between decimations is suddenly worth 10x more in buying US goods and services, including all money from other nations (the value of the money itself isn't directly touched). The main drawback is that the value of goods and services everywhere else would of course remain the same which might make it extremely difficult in the medium-term for American industries to get some rare materials or materials largely made elsewhere, since their income stream would be reduced to 10%. (Or not quite, as exports ought to skyrocket, which would offset some of the gross revenue loss, but still their income streams would be less. We'd probably have to radically restructure how far top-earning management and similar plush expenditures could go.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

IT IS FRIGHTENING! WITH A SUPERNATURAL BENT!!  >:D :2funny:

Back on the actual topic (at last), I still haven't been able to find the "Those Who Stalk The Night" book mentioned by Airboy.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

For years I knew the day was coming when I'd say that I knew one of you "back before he snapped." Looks like today is Jason Pratt's day.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd