Main Menu

kindle sale

Started by airboy, November 27, 2014, 01:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Amazon has the base Kindle e-reader on sale for $50.  Lowest price I have ever seen.

Toonces

Geez, I hope everyone who doesn't have an e-reader takes advantage of that deal!  You can put $50 worth of free books on that thing in an hour...it pays for itself.   :smitten:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bbmike

Nice, thanks! I've been eyeing the Kindle Paperwhite and it's also on sale.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Toonces

IMO, the paperwhite is absolutely worth the extra cost.  The backlighting is the bomb-diggity.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MIGMaster

I might pick one up - I suspect it will be more expensive in Canuck land, but hey - I'm used to it. The battery on my my old version 2 Kindle finally died !

Staggerwing

Quote from: Toonces on November 27, 2014, 02:06:56 PM
IMO, the paperwhite is absolutely worth the extra cost.  The backlighting is the bomb-diggity.

S'truth!

Quote from: MIGMaster on November 27, 2014, 03:25:41 PM
I might pick one up - I suspect it will be more expensive in Canuck land, but hey - I'm used to it. The battery on my my old version 2 Kindle finally died !

The one with the keyboard at the bottom? I still have mine as well though I don't use it much since getting the Paperwhite. One thing I did like about it over every other e-reader and tablet is that the big keyboard area allowed me to hold the Kindle in one hand while lying back in bed and the screen area was up high enough that I didn't have to tuck my chin down to read the bottom of the page or keep lifting the reader up off my chest. A minor thing, true, but there it is.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MIGMaster

Yeah - that's the puppy with the keyboard at the bottom....time to move on up I guess  O0

vyshka

I agree that the paperwhite is the way to go, if you are looking to get a kindle. Well worth the extra cost, and much nicer than using an external book light.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak