Airboy Needs Book Help

Started by airboy, July 28, 2015, 06:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Excellent!  Who will read them?  You, or your daughter?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Me, definitely. Not sure about her. My daughter needed a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird for English, so of course she waited until late Sunday afternoon to say so.  ::)

besilarius

BC, if your daughter sees the movie, Gregory peck told a little story on himself.
At one point, Harper Lee was on the set watching Peck and Miss Scout in a scene.  When it was over, he saw that she was in tears.  This made him feel pretty good that he was doing such good work.
"Oh, Mr. Peck, watching you, made my father spring to mind.  You are both so similar, you both have that little pot belly."

Peck harrumphed it was just good acting.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

BanzaiCat

^ LOL!

It'll be a good reference for my daughter. The school is putting on a production of To Kill a Mockingbird soon and she wants to audition for it.

besilarius

If she's anything like her dad, she'd probably be pitch perfect for the Bobby Duvall role.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.