[closed]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 03, 2016, 01:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

working on it! :) Expect it to go live later today  :notworthy:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Game is accepting your pretenders!

Use game name All_Hail_Grogdom (with underscores) in your subject and leave the body of the email text empty.

It seems like I need to add AI nations as if it were players, so that involves making pretenders. I would appreciate it if you could all create some more pretenders so we can use those. That way players will not know exactly which pretender Gods will be in the game.
Cheers
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

:o Ummmm.... granted, I haven't played Dom 4 before, but going back to Dom 2 through Dom 3 I don't recall ever having to manually make pretenders for the AI.

But then again, I don't think I've played a Llamaserver game before with AI players, much less on teams. So maybe that's the difference?

Regardless, I shall take advantage of this situation to bring forth my Cabal of Rogues. (Originally created to feature in sequels to Cry of Justice, after hell freezes over at this rate.)

I may poke around the interwebz to see if Dom4 fan sites are hosting any interesting pretenders for importing.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

I am not entirely sure either yet. I don't know if the system adds in AI nations for open slots after players are all in.
But just to be sure we have a backup plan.  :knuppel2:

JasonPratt

It occurred to me last night (and then I went to play MechWO) that there's no point creating AI pretenders until we know: (a) which factions won't be played by the human team (since a pretender must be connected to a faction, thus excluding or duplicating that faction); and (b) what the planned setup is for regular AI pretenders or Master/disciple teams.

I suppose (a) could be gotten around by just accepting that there could be faction repeats. But (b) has to be settled and specified first or the process can't even be started.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

Lets just get our player pretenders in first. Then Ill try to start and see if the game adds AI factions. Its quickest and the worst thing that can happen is needing a quick restart.

JasonPratt

Good idea!  O0

Although, yeesh, the first post hasn't been updated in more than a year, and I know we've had more people declare their factions than you and me...

:D

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Well, trying to find where I saved my disciple was like giving myself a colon scope SO I HOPE I KILL YOU ALL!!

... uh, I hope we win. Go team!  :bd:

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 04, 2017, 09:31:19 PM
Well, trying to find where I saved my disciple was like giving myself a colon scope SO I HOPE I KILL YOU ALL!!

... uh, I hope we win. Go team!  :bd:

I found it through the game - it'll take you to the default save folder.

But yes...it's not easy to find.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Quote from: jamus34 on January 04, 2017, 09:33:39 PM
I found it through the game - it'll take you to the default save folder.

Same. After the aforementioned colonscoping.

(I should have mentioned this, to be actually helpful for other people, but that would have ruined my rant.  :buck2:)

Beowulf

mkivcs

Did mine a while ago but didn't tell anyone so just correcting that.

Yskonyn

I'll upload mine as well and see if we can start up with the AI nations.

Yskonyn

Nefaro needs to get cracking here. We're waiting for his pretender.  :)