"The Death Ride of Jean Lannes" -- An 1809 Kriegsspiel

Started by Cyrano, July 04, 2018, 02:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

It is with no small measure of delight that I announce the beginning of the second Grogheads Kriegsspiel using "The Flight of the Eagle" rules for moderation.  After a fair amount of conversation, including a small amount with the game's creator, I have chosen the Austria 1809 campaign as included in the first volume.  Note this is the "opening moves" scenario and set a good deal West of what would eventually become the Aspern-Essling/Wagram campaigns.

For those unfamiliar with what this entails, you need look no further than the special child forum here in the "play by forum" section and read the fairly massive pile of stuff associated with the very successful "Six Days in October" event that wrapped a few months ago.

The commands are:

AUSTRIA

Erzherzog Carl Ludwig Johann Joseph Laurentius von Österreich, Herzog von Teschen -- Commander -- Jason Pratt

I Corps -- Bellegarde -- Pinetree
II Corps -- Kollowrath -- Banzai_Cat
III Corps -- Hohenzollern -- Barthheart (Just can't quit the German-inflected...)
IV Corps -- (Orsini) Rosenberg -- James Sterrett
V Corps -- Louis -- Neal
VI Corps -- Hiller -- Dom
Reserve -- Kienmayer -- Lancer4321
Reserve -- Lischenstein -- Jack Gill

IMPERIAL FRANCE

Emperor Napoleon I -- Commander -- Hatricus

II Corps -- Oudinot/Lannes -- Duke_of_Earl
III Corps -- Davout -- Marsbarr
IV Corps -- Massena -- Treb
VII Corps -- Lefebvre -- Jimlacey1
VIII Corps -- Vandamme -- Advocator

For those who are in, the e-mail will again be "jenacampaignATgmailDOTcom".

VIVE L'EMPEREUR!

Jim

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

James Sterrett

bayonetbrant

Once you're ready to kick off the game, we will put everything in its own sub-forum together. For now we will leave this out and sticky so everyone can see it to sign up
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

IncompetentIdiot

Barthheart

tomg

If there is room, I'd love get a slot in this game. Any nation and any command is good for me. I have some experience with The Flight of the Eagle rules.
Enjoy,
tomg

OJsDad

Sounds like fun, I'd love to partake, but have no experience with the game. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Jimlacey1

Jim  .... Thanks... I am definitely in..... and anxiously waiting the start.

The nation had a choice between war and shame.  It chose shame.  It will get war.

Churchill after the Munich Conference

JasonPratt

As the prior Napoleon, I believe it is only right that I should allow someone else who wants the easiest job to take a crack at it.

For that matter, I am willing to concede my invitation for newcomers on any position at all.

I will however be glad to play, whether as reserve in case of dropout, or to fill in a lot, or even as Nappy the Newspaper guy again. I have to admit it would be thematically appropriate for the same French team that worked so well together to step up in challenge for the next game.

In short, I am available to serve in whatever capacity. (But there is a possibility, not a certainty, that my plans for a Republic of Rome forum game will take precedence in one or more ways.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Iconoclast

Well, if there is an option, I would like to get in as well.

Thank you,

A
Wer seinen Kinderglauben sich bewahrt, in einer reinen und unbefleckten Brust, und gegen das Gelächter einer Welt zu leben wagt, wie er als Kind geträumt, - bis auf den letzten Tag: Das ist ein Mann!

craniumgroup

I would like to play if there is a spot. I've read the rules to the Flights of the Eagles system, but haven't had an opportunity to play.

bearodactyl

Lowenstaat

Reporting for reserve duty. Count me in if there is an opening. Your YouTube videos and podcast discussions for the last Kriegsspiel peaked my interest. 
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

Hatricvs

Hi Jim,

Defo want in on this one; the last one was a blast and I can only think that I can't afford to miss this opportunity to be in this one!

Cheers and can't wait!

Andy B (hatricvs)