[finished] Beliwyr Grogs (Dominions 5)

Started by Yskonyn, October 13, 2019, 03:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Found this map (ancient land (random))on Llamaserver:

It's got 64 land and 6 sea territories.  That makes it about 16 land territories per player in a 4 player game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Ajidica

W8taminute

^Cool!  I'll set up a game for us later on today.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

W8taminute

solops

I have not been paying attention. I need to remember how to do this...
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

W8taminute

^You have to submit your created pretender of the nation and age you wish to play to pretenders at llamaserver.net

Ajidica

Errr, there may be a problem with using that map. I don't see a download link for it am I'm pretty sure we all have to have the individual map on our own computers for the game to work. At least, I'm pretty sure that happened for us on the 2-way wraparound map.

W8taminute

I think you're right.  I changed the map to Biddyn which is something like the third or fourth map down from the list.  We used this map in our last multiplayer game. 

TheMeInTeam

Apologies for the delay, I was sick last few days and didn't realize this had suddenly gone active!  I'll join when I get home.  As it's my first MP game I might flounder a bit figuring it out.

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

TheMeInTeam

I had to look up a guide on using llamaserver, but was able to figure it out.  Need to create pretender in game, send 2h file to the llamaserver email address with game name in subject.

I also found a java tool that supposedly makes grabbing saves from emails more convenient, haven't played with that much yet though.  I'm sure that will become a lot more attractive if I ever join multiple games.

W8taminute

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on February 26, 2020, 11:34:29 AM
I had to look up a guide on using llamaserver, but was able to figure it out.  Need to create pretender in game, send 2h file to the llamaserver email address with game name in subject.

I also found a java tool that supposedly makes grabbing saves from emails more convenient, haven't played with that much yet though.  I'm sure that will become a lot more attractive if I ever join multiple games.

Good stuff.  You'll have to let us know if you ever try that Java tool how you like it.  Sorry I didn't include instructions for uploading pretenders.  Totally missed that. 

solops

I noticed some interesting maps on the Llamaserver game setup page. How do you download them?

solops

And we need a new thread for our new game!

Ajidica

Quote from: solops on February 27, 2020, 12:11:04 AM
I noticed some interesting maps on the Llamaserver game setup page. How do you download them?
Not all of them are downloadable. Those that are downloadable will have a link in the description.