Welcome to the new VR Gaming subforum!

Started by Jarhead0331, December 12, 2019, 11:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on December 14, 2019, 07:17:36 PM
Onward and Blade & Sorcery...they are SP?

Both. SP and MP. Both fantastic games. I would say Onward is the top shooter and B&S is the top game for swordplay. Stabbing, slicing and bludgeoning is VERY satisfying. Uncomfortably so.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

What are your guys thoughts on the pimax 8k  ?  It boasts the highest pixels and resolution but doesn't seem popular.  Is that no system can handle the required fps or is the price too high ? Is the HP reverb the better choice all around ?  Just think of dipping into vr for flight sims but I want to get the best one with the highest pixel density and resolution so I can still eagle eye spot kills in MP.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on November 27, 2020, 01:48:28 PM
What are your guys thoughts on the pimax 8k  ?  It boasts the highest pixels and resolution but doesn't seem popular.  Is that no system can handle the required fps or is the price too high ? Is the HP reverb the better choice all around ?  Just think of dipping into vr for flight sims but I want to get the best one with the highest pixel density and resolution so I can still eagle eye spot kills in MP.

The Pimax 8K excels in FOV, which some people prioritize over other things. If FOV is most important to you, then Pimax headsets are worth looking at if the price point doesn't dissuade you. Personally, for flight simming, clarity is most important to me and in this category, the Reverb still wins. The Pimax is also knocked down by poor lens quality with warping and distortion, poor audio, and difficulty getting it to run optimally with certain programs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Skoop

So you could say the Hp reverb is currently the best all around VR head set, especially for flight simming.  I'll take a close look at it.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on November 27, 2020, 09:08:58 PM
So you could say the Hp reverb is currently the best all around VR head set, especially for flight simming.  I'll take a close look at it.

No. I would not say the Reverb is best all around VR headset. Personally, I think it is the best for flight simming, but really nothing else. It excels in clarity and resolution pretty much at the cost of everything else.  I use my Reverb only for seated gaming, which means, simming, flight, space, etc. I use the Rift S or Quest 2 for everything else and room scale.

I think the Index or the Quest 2 are probably the best "jack of all trades" presently.  When my Reverb G2 arrives, I'll see if it has caught up to other headsets categories other than resolution.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Skoop

Thanks, that was a really helpful breakdown.  I'm thinking the reverb is what will be best as I'll be using it for flight simming too and low res was the only think keeping me away.  Now to ready up on how to use eye glasses with it.