(FINISHED) Grogspocalypse Prequel: Early Ages Boogaloo [Dominions 5]

Started by al_infierno, July 24, 2020, 03:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrmidon

GG Tanaka!  Definitely join us for the next one!

I'd be up for a LA game next, but as TMIT mentioned, methinks this one is going to drag on for a bit.

Tanaka

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on September 28, 2020, 12:18:00 PM
I can say since Rus and probably others have eyes on it.  He was patrolling alongside PD this turn and got rainbow pretender + remaining army wiped, so it's either an empty or mostly empty cap fort under siege.  Only disconnected non-fort provinces otherwise, perfectly reasonable situation to go AI.

I'd be okay with late ages next, but this game is far from over.  I get that there's some concern I'd attempt a throne rush, but it's not realistic/not happening.  You need 9 of 12 points to win on thrones.  It's not realistic to get that many points by surprise, at least not until we're all running around with level 9 techs.

Correct. Nothing but a shell left. Let the battle of Rus and Atlantis begin!

W8taminute

I'm definitely up for a LA game next.  But first I need to figure out where I fit in our current game because it does look like it will continue for a while. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tanaka

Quote from: Myrmidon on September 28, 2020, 04:53:36 PM
GG Tanaka!  Definitely join us for the next one!

I'd be up for a LA game next, but as TMIT mentioned, methinks this one is going to drag on for a bit.

Will do! Just let me know when you guys finish! So what is the current update on this game? Want to know how it turns out!

W8taminute

^All Quiet on the Western Front.

The surviving players have so far not committed one way or the other to the final showdown.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

However, I AM threatening. Threatening lots of evil kingdoms. Lots.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Tanaka

Quote from: solops on October 14, 2020, 02:44:11 PM

I am taking this as sarcasm? Haha. Last I knew you were being sieged by Atlantis as I was.

Tanaka

Quote from: W8taminute on October 14, 2020, 02:20:26 PM
^All Quiet on the Western Front.

The surviving players have so far not committed one way or the other to the final showdown.

Well that is interesting indeed...

al_infierno

Quote from: Tanaka on October 16, 2020, 03:54:39 PM
Quote from: solops on October 14, 2020, 02:44:11 PM

I am taking this as sarcasm? Haha. Last I knew you were being sieged by Atlantis as I was.

I did not detect a single, slightest, maybiest bit of sarcasm in that post.  Nope.  Never.   O:-)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

TheMeInTeam

According to my scouts Agartha is going to elf somewhere between 30 and 50 provinces within a few turns.

solops

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on October 16, 2020, 08:25:11 PM
According to my scouts Agartha is going to elf somewhere between 30 and 50 provinces within a few turns.

Damn, they are on to me. YES!!! I have subcontracted the massive elf campaign out to a crack group called the Keebler Corporation. Their presentation was awesome and the Cave Command expects several nations to sue for peace shortly.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Myrmidon

At the glacial pace of our current game, we may just need to get another one going...

Tanaka

Quote from: Myrmidon on October 17, 2020, 07:46:12 AM
At the glacial pace of our current game, we may just need to get another one going...

Yeah just let me get things stirred up again!  >:D

al_infierno

How's this game coming along?  I see only Arco, Atlantis, Rus, and Van remain in the ring.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

TheMeInTeam

We decided to call it rather than continue it this morning.  Ajidica asked to find a sub, but this late it'd probably be hard to find one and barring shenanigans the game was likely to grind on for a long time as Arco and I traded blows/resource damage with a massive tech gap over Rus/Van.

I'd be up to begin anew, though IMO we should use clockwork rather than llamaserver, it's been a lot more convenient in other games.