Marvel Champions LCG (Fantasy Flight)

Started by Yskonyn, September 17, 2020, 07:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/marvel-champions-the-card-game/

Bought the Core box last week and enjoying it very much solo and with my eldest son.
After a short debate we kinda entered the rabbit hole and after little more than one week we've obtained all cards for the game out currently...  :uglystupid2:  :smitten:

Finally a game that works well solo or 2 to 4 players. Encounters scale nicely and the buildup during the game really translates well to an epic super hero fight on the table. Cool game! Quick to setup and learn as well. A game takes about 45 to 75 minutes in my experience.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

airboy

How is the rule clarity & complexity?

I found the Lord of the Rings game by Fantasy Flight to be poor because the rules were so open to interpretation that I had to constantly refer to printed or online rules interpretation to play the game.

Yskonyn

They're pretty tight and streamlined.
There were a few questions that popped up during our learning the game, but nothing major. It learns quickly and plays snappy.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

airboy

Thanks for the feedback. 

Is it a cooperative or competitive game?  My wife strongly prefers cooperative games.

Yskonyn

Now that I've popped open a few additional hero packs some new effects that can be stacked with others caused some questions to arise, but I've found a neat Discord with lots of activity. Rules questions get answers quickly and mostly it was just for verification as the abilities and effects all work logical so far.

The game is co-op only.

https://discord.gg/EysXXr

airboy

Thanks so much for the information.  This may be my wife's Christmas gift.