Field of Glory II - Medieval announced!

Started by Jarhead0331, October 15, 2020, 02:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Epsom,15th October 2020. During the monthly live stream on Twitch, Slitherine announced Field of Glory II Medieval, coming in 2021.

Field of Glory started out as a tabletop wargame over a decade ago. Designed by Richard Bodley Scott, Simon Hall, and Terry Shaw, the tabletop ruleset redefined wargaming by introducing unprecedented production values as well as setting new standards for the hobby.

Richard Bodley Scott went on to port that experience for PC players and therefore gave new life to Field of Glory with Field of Glory II. Field of Glory II has been such an incredible success among wargamers worldwide, with over ten million multiplayer matches played in three years. It has 90% positive reviews on Steam and a Metacritic of 84. FoGII has become a benchmark for the genre, so much that official tournaments attract hundreds of players across the world and the demand for new content is increasing fast.

The announcement of Field of Glory II: Medieval starts a new page in the franchise. Set in the High Middle Ages from 1040 AD to 1270 AD, which is the heyday of the mounted knight and the time when the entire European continent was in turmoil.

FoGII Medieval is a deep, maniacally researched game of battles. Armies, equipment, alliances, formations; everything is accurate to the finest detail. It's not a game for everyone, but a deep wargame for dedicated wargamers. But it is also a beautifully crafted product that is yet again delivering in its mission to redefine the wargaming experience and bring fresh life to the genre. It also expands boundaries by attracting new players to the franchise. Beta signups start today for an expected release in Q1 2021.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Excited to see mention of the Byzantine wars against Bulgaria! I'm probably the only person to have ever typed that sentence.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

I uh.....I need to change my underwear now.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Here take mine...whoops I'm not wearing any!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

If this means that Field of Glory: Empires will evolve into the medieval world, I will need to start wearing underwear to soil them.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

I wonder how "different" will it be.....will it just feel like the same game with added units or will it have a noticeable different experience?  I get the tactics and units will be different, just wondering what else changes with it....

Father Ted

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 15, 2020, 04:12:33 PM
I wonder how "different" will it be.....will it just feel like the same game with added units or will it have a noticeable different experience?  I get the tactics and units will be different, just wondering what else changes with it....

Jeez what a buzzkill...Seriously though I get what you're saying. Personally I really like this game-family, but obviously the mechanics are pretty similar whether you're taking on Julius Caesar or Oliver Cromwell.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Father Ted on October 15, 2020, 04:33:05 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 15, 2020, 04:12:33 PM

Jeez what a buzzkill...Seriously though I get what you're saying. Personally I really like this game-family, but obviously the mechanics are pretty similar whether you're taking on Julius Caesar or Oliver Cromwell.

Trust me, I hope there is more to it.....if releasing as a separate game, one would think there would have to be more......but if it ultimately just feels like DLC, still not entirely a bad thing I guess

Gusington

My educated guess is the mechanics will remain the same. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I like the mechanics so...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GibbyG

From the Twitch live stream today.  FOG II - Medieval starts around 1:02.  Some screenshots and other info

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/771108778

Zulu1966

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 15, 2020, 02:18:29 PM
Epsom,15th October 2020. During the monthly live stream on Twitch, Slitherine announced Field of Glory II Medieval, coming in 2021.

Field of Glory started out as a tabletop wargame over a decade ago. Designed by Richard Bodley Scott, Simon Hall, and Terry Shaw, the tabletop ruleset redefined wargaming by introducing unprecedented production values as well as setting new standards for the hobby.

Richard Bodley Scott went on to port that experience for PC players and therefore gave new life to Field of Glory with Field of Glory II. Field of Glory II has been such an incredible success among wargamers worldwide, with over ten million multiplayer matches played in three years. It has 90% positive reviews on Steam and a Metacritic of 84. FoGII has become a benchmark for the genre, so much that official tournaments attract hundreds of players across the world and the demand for new content is increasing fast.

The announcement of Field of Glory II: Medieval starts a new page in the franchise. Set in the High Middle Ages from 1040 AD to 1270 AD, which is the heyday of the mounted knight and the time when the entire European continent was in turmoil.

FoGII Medieval is a deep, maniacally researched game of battles. Armies, equipment, alliances, formations; everything is accurate to the finest detail. It's not a game for everyone, but a deep wargame for dedicated wargamers. But it is also a beautifully crafted product that is yet again delivering in its mission to redefine the wargaming experience and bring fresh life to the genre. It also expands boundaries by attracting new players to the franchise. Beta signups start today for an expected release in Q1 2021.

Damn when I saw the subject line I was hoping it was going to be one of those Matrix - ready November type of surprises. Q1 21 tooooo far away. Cant wait for this. Medieval so not represented in computer wargaming.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.