SGS Afrika Korps Community Competition Signup Thread

Started by Boggit, November 03, 2020, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

May the best Grog win!

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=24989.0

Good Luck!
O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Millipede

I'm thinking that every battle needs canon fodder, so sign me up. :hide:

MC

Boggit

It is. I was leaving it a bit longer to see if we had more takers before contacting Philippe for the codes. I looked in today for the numbers and will contact Philippe now for those already confirmed.

@MC if you want to sign up that's fine. Please do so as soon as possible and I will look in over the next couple of days. It shouldn't be a problem getting a code for you, but we really do need to find an opponent for you as so far we have four people who have taken this up.

@all
If MC takes up the challenge, is anyone happy to play MC in addition to their allocated opponent? Clearly it is unfair to skew the scoring for anyone taking this up, but there is an incentive to take down MC for his opponent as one less challenger for the win, and also the added experience gained in playing another opponent competitively. Obviously, any opponent of MC will play the opposite side to their regular opponent so they can't test out a strategy against MC then apply it in their other game. I'm thinking creatively here and trying to be fair to all. If you have a "better mousetrap" let me know.

Alternatively, a shout out to Gus to join the fray?  :notworthy:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

And we're off...

I'm contacting Philippe now and I'll DM them over as soon as I see them in my mailbox.

The line up for round one (remembering that this round is three games, alternating axis/allies) is...

Millipede (Axis, Allies, Axis) vs Shelldrake (Allies, Axis, Allies)

Tripoli (Axis, Allies, Axis) vs Nelmsm (Allies, Axis, Allies)

MC (TBC) vs TBC

Good luck and have fun.  O0

BTW feel free to post AARs, moments of glory etc. :)

MC

Sir Slash

Watching with great interest to see the action unfold.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I would love to - time is at a premium right now though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MC

No takers, eh? No reason to be afraid. I'm 4' 10", 90 lbs, and have very small hands.  :))

88mmkwk

MC -

I reached out to Boggit a few minutes ago about still being able to play - I didn't see the callout until just today (life got in the way).  But I do have time to play and sounds like a good chance to get into the game and provide some early release feedback also.

I'll let you know if I am advised that I am not too late to get in in the fun....
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces