Main Menu

Friday Kuba

Started by Anguille, June 18, 2021, 02:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^I did, back home now, recovering :) Thanks man.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Quote from: Tripoli on June 18, 2021, 06:42:01 AM
Field of Glory tournament, Dangerous Waters, Burden of Command work and messing around with Wildermyth.  Possibly working on the  "South Mountain" AAR in Scourge of War.

What unit are you using in Dangerous Waters?  I might be interested in doing MP with you on that if you'd like.  Maybe we can even get a few other Grogs involved and do a full blown combined arms mission?  But I'd have to brush up a lot before I'd be ready to cast off.  I've always wanted to get proficient in the Akula.

Are you using any mods?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tripoli

Quote from: Toonces on June 21, 2021, 12:51:42 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on June 18, 2021, 06:42:01 AM
Field of Glory tournament, Dangerous Waters, Burden of Command work and messing around with Wildermyth.  Possibly working on the  "South Mountain" AAR in Scourge of War.

What unit are you using in Dangerous Waters?  I might be interested in doing MP with you on that if you'd like.  Maybe we can even get a few other Grogs involved and do a full blown combined arms mission?  But I'd have to brush up a lot before I'd be ready to cast off.  I've always wanted to get proficient in the Akula.

Are you using any mods?

Speaking as a former SWO, there is only one unit in Dangerous Waters that is even worth playing: the FFG-7   :)  Seriously, I would be interested.   I played a bit of Cold Waters, but it just wasnt' doing it for me.  I like the realism of DW better, even if the graphics are seriously dated.  I would be willing to try some MP using any platform.  Right now I've modded my DW installation using LWAMI, but would be willing to play using the vanilla installation.    However, I need to spend a week or so relearning the buttons.  A multi-Grog MP game would be fun, and I would definitely be interested in trying that.  I've never done MP in it before, so we might have to do a test run just to make sure we can.  We could possibly stream or record a MP game for the amusement of other Grogs.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

I have LWAMI installed as well...I think.  It's been a while.  Let me boot it up tonight and see what the status of my install is.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tripoli

Quote from: Toonces on June 21, 2021, 02:54:09 PM
I have LWAMI installed as well...I think.  It's been a while.  Let me boot it up tonight and see what the status of my install is.

Let me know if you have trouble.  It will work with WIN 10, but it may take a bit of massaging.

Toonces

Man alive, I forgot how bad the graphics are in Dangerous Waters LOL.  I got the stock game running, but I don't think I have LWAMI installed.  Let me goof off with it some more and see what I come up with.

Tripoli

Quote from: Toonces on June 21, 2021, 08:17:36 PM
Man alive, I forgot how bad the graphics are in Dangerous Waters LOL.  I got the stock game running, but I don't think I have LWAMI installed.  Let me goof off with it some more and see what I come up with.

Yeah, the graphics in DW are a bit rugged.  However, in 2005, they were okay.  I think Sonoanalysis basically revamped some of their Navy training software for the DW commercial release, so the guts of program probably date to the late 1990's.  Most of the time I'm playing, I'm looking at the waterfall displays, so the graphics aren't a big deal, but it is a bit painful when you go to the external views.  :) But I think that under the hood, there still  isn't a more realistic modern ASW game available for purchase by the public.  If anyone is intersted, I'll post some AARs. of me trying to relearn how to sail and fight an FFG .  It ain't pretty, trust me.  In the real world, they would have pulled my SWO pin.    :)

matt3916

Re "If anyone is intersted, I'll post some AARs. of me trying to relearn how to sail and fight an FFG ."

I am.  Well, interested that is.