star wars squadrons 50% off

Started by MiniHexer, August 27, 2021, 02:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniHexer

edit

Destraex

I did not really enjoy it at all. The characters are so PC it makes me puke and the way enemy units spawn and such instead of hyperspacing in and other things that move away from what the original Xwing was. The power ups and special abilities. It's a solid game but I would rather play star citizen. I hope and pray that the star citizen campaign does not include this much PC garbage and concentrates on a good old story. Disney though is renown for turning star wars to crap. They have been better lately with the mando, but Squadrons was from the height of the madness. Perhaps the campaign gets better, but I felt like I was part of a mothers playground group going to war. The game feels very console with the way anything remotely complex seems to be dumbed down to hotkeys that do it for you. Healing your ship during battle is especially bad for taking me out of my suspension of disbelief.

WAIT: This is in VR gaming. NO idea what that experience for this game was like..
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MiniHexer

edit

Destraex

lol @ pancake. VR is still pancake as 2D fools your eyes so does VR. VR just does it a lot better. Do you watch 3D movies or VR ones on TV? Only good 3D movie I ever saw was Avatar.
I like a lot of paintings a lot better than I do 3D dioramas. Hope VR gets a lot better in general for graphics and system resources. I'd love to try one again. Last one I tried was very underwhelming due to the game that the gent had. To relax, I think I need pancake.

MiniHexer

Quote from: Destraex on August 27, 2021, 07:34:00 AM
lol @ pancake. VR is still pancake as 2D fools your eyes so does VR. VR just does it a lot better. Do you watch 3D movies or VR ones on TV? Only good 3D movie I ever saw was Avatar.
I like a lot of paintings a lot better than I do 3D dioramas. Hope VR gets a lot better in general for graphics and system resources. I'd love to try one again. Last one I tried was very underwhelming due to the game that the gent had. To relax, I think I need pancake.

Destraex

I don't do VR because of wanting to be available to the family when I game as well as having ears that are allergic to headphones. I will try it when we can finally visit friends again though. For now I am happy with pancake mode.  :bd: