DC Universe Online

Started by Tpek, January 04, 2013, 12:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Does anyone here play this game?

I've kinda got pulled back into it, and having fun starting to actually level my old low-level toons again :P

Shelldrake

I loaded it some time ago but never got a chance to try it out. Maybe I should?!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Tpek

It's Free to Play, so I don't see why not :P

Shelldrake

Ok - tried it, not my cup of tea but the cinematic at the start really rocked!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

It's probably the simplest MMO I've ever tried. 

I can see how it was certainly created for a console crowd, as it's about as dumbed down as they can get.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on March 30, 2013, 09:24:31 PM
It's probably the simplest MMO I've ever tried. 

I can see how it was certainly created for a console crowd, as it's about as dumbed down as they can get.

This is a bit of an exaggeration.
While it's certainly made for Console-Crowd appeal, it's not really that dumbed-down.

Grimnirsson

*rant on* I am an Xboxer and so don't play this game but...please...can we stop with this 'dumbed down for the console crowd' shit? There's no reason to 'dumb down' any game that is released for a console or for those who play the games on this platform, this is just the usual 'I am a PC gamer and I somehow think I am superior to those who prefer to play on a different platform than I do' BS. Many games are less than they could be so to say on consoles, I'll give you that much, but that has nothing to do with either the console nor with the 'crowd' using it as a gaming rig. *rant off*
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Nefaro

Really?  DCUO is as simple as a persistent action-ish MMO could be. 

I tried the PC version.  It was MMO-Litest-Lite.  Unimpressive.  :P

Grimnirsson

QuoteReally?

Yes, really...

QuoteDCUO is as simple as a persistent action-ish MMO could be.

So what? Then they created a MMO that you find unimpressive and 'lite'. My point was that this has nothing to do with the fact it's done for a console. You can have good and bad games, heavy and lite games on any platform. It's a game design decision, not a flaw based on the fact it comes out for a console.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on April 04, 2013, 08:42:58 PM
Really?  DCUO is as simple as a persistent action-ish MMO could be. 

I tried the PC version.  It was MMO-Litest-Lite.  Unimpressive.  :P

What would qualify it as "Litest-Lite"?
It's got some depth in it.
And a lot of fun! :)