Main Menu

Turn to the Friday

Started by Pete Dero, January 26, 2024, 04:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Some WWII Combat Mission now my collection is complete on Steam.

Enjoy the weekend !

Geezer

Enshrouded and No Man's Sky.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Tripoli

Still judging the Flashpoint Campaign tournament.  I may do the tutorials in B-17 redux, but probably not get much beyond that.  Possibly another 6 months of my Rule the Waves 3 AAR.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

MengJiao

Quote from: Geezer on January 26, 2024, 05:11:31 PMEnshrouded and No Man's Sky.

The Troop and Hell let Loose plus boardgames. 

Toonces

I've been dabbling in Harpoon Commander's Edition all day. 

About to fire up Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter and/or Cold Waters with the Dot Mod.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Destraex

Still playing ships. I have the HMS Hood now so the initial grind is over. Meaning I just relax and enjoy the game at any level with friends. Watched the old black and white film sink the Birsmarck on youtube. Enjoyable still.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Dammit Carl!

I watch "Battle of Britain," via YouTube at least twice a year, and I've been binging the shit out of WW2TV while working on reports this past few weeks.  For example:

Fellow does a really good job (imho) bringing new-ish perspectives into the nooks and crannies of WW2 topics.

Still truckin' with my Wot/WoWs but have sprinkled Insurgency:Sandstorm into the mix as of late.  Think I'm of the mind that a shooter needs to be "locally played," with bots for me to be really get my monies' worth in terms of exploring maps/loadouts at my own pace and Insurgency does just that.

Tripoli

Carl- John McManus is the historian we use for the Burden of Command game. https://burdenofcommand.com/team .  He wrote a really good history of the 7th Infantry Regiment titled "American Courage, American Carnage" in addition to numerous other works: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=books+by+john+mcmanus&language=en_US&adgrpid=1235852059302282&hvadid=77240884175106&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=86943&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-77241002675371%3Aloc-190&hydadcr=10735_13589227&tag=txtstdbgdt-20&ref=pd_sl_8rl0sn1y4f_p

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Tanaka

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 27, 2024, 11:18:31 AMI watch "Battle of Britain," via YouTube at least twice a year, and I've been binging the shit out of WW2TV while working on reports this past few weeks.  For example:

Fellow does a really good job (imho) bringing new-ish perspectives into the nooks and crannies of WW2 topics.

Still truckin' with my Wot/WoWs but have sprinkled Insurgency:Sandstorm into the mix as of late.  Think I'm of the mind that a shooter needs to be "locally played," with bots for me to be really get my monies' worth in terms of exploring maps/loadouts at my own pace and Insurgency does just that.

Love his videos!

More Dominions 6 for me!

SirAndrewD

Still digging into Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader.  Such a glorious game and so many heretics to purge.  Huge game too, I was 30 hours in before my first space battle.

I did manage a few hours of Flying Circus Vol III for a couple of hours in VR today though.  Having fun flying the 1916 Crates.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 27, 2024, 11:18:31 AMI watch "Battle of Britain," via YouTube at least twice a year, and I've been binging the shit out of WW2TV while working on reports this past few weeks.  For example:

I actually avoid ww2TV but it's okish. They just seemed a little rushed, general and popularist for my tastes. That's just the feeling I got when it popped up on my feed a few weeks ago out of nowhere.
I liked Mark Felton stuff but a lot of that is now kinda bite sized general stuff. I think he was copping a lot of FLAK (no pun intended) for some of his stuff. He covered some pretty sensitive stuff.
TIK's battlestorm stuff is amazing and so does "the operations room".
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Destraex on January 27, 2024, 09:57:22 PMTIK's battlestorm stuff is amazing and so does "the operations room".

Felt like I achieved something when he (TIK) finally wrapped his Stalingrad series after watching them all these years.  If/when he puts all of those episodes together into one cohesive lump to consume, even Dan Carlin will go, "damn!"   

Sigwolf

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 28, 2024, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: Destraex on January 27, 2024, 09:57:22 PMTIK's battlestorm stuff is amazing and so does "the operations room".

Felt like I achieved something when he (TIK) finally wrapped his Stalingrad series after watching them all these years.  If/when he puts all of those episodes together into one cohesive lump to consume, even Dan Carlin will go, "damn!"   
He kind of has already.  Just a playlist of the individual episodes, but they are all together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAfo5mse-ag&list=PLNSNgGzaledi9jQeOzCUtBP2pxYdCYiXX

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin